I've lost my cooking mojo! Weeknight dinner HELP

tymar, Aug 23, 7:50am
What do you cook! I have run out of inspiration

199holden, Aug 23, 9:43am
Home made meat balls

bluecalico, Aug 23, 7:49pm
stir fries, if organised curries in crock pot, steak, same old same old week in week out.at weekends can splash out as have more time.

ruby19, Aug 23, 8:14pm
We usually have a roast once a week, if early in week usually a chicken, on a weekend a joint of meat, lamb this week.
Kebabs - home made falafel,marinated steak sliced for meat eaters, then hummus, garlic & yog sauce, chilli sauce, grated carrot cheese, shredded lettuce and tomates. Can serve with couscous, rice, or crunchy oven roasted potatoes.
Nachos a popular one with the kids, we have beans instead of meat
Chicken parmigania, serve with salad, and or roasted spuds
Home made pizza
Soups - fav in our house sweetcorn &potato chowder
Corn fritters mexican spiced, served with home made salsa and bacon, and or chorizo sausages, and an egg
Veggie shepherds pie
Steak and roast veggies and a sauce
Home made burgers with wedges
Chilli &rice
Left over chilli pies
Satay chicken, either in wraps and salad or with rice

The above are some of the meals that we have week nights after work so not so labour intensive.

tymar, Aug 24, 5:26am
Great ideas! I'm going to have more wraps, we all like those! I'm trying to get inspired as we eat out far too much

ruby19, Aug 24, 6:02am
Tymar, we wrap the rolled up kebabs in foil and pop them into sandwich press, so they are just like a bought one :-)

3jtrader, Aug 24, 6:15am
We eat a pasta dish in our house that we call One Pot Wonder because it only uses one pot and it's so quick and easy to cook. Brown mince lightly in a large pot, season with onion, garlic, and whatever seasonings and herbs your family likes. Add a couple cans of chopped tomatoes and rinse them out with plenty of water, and toss that in the pot too. When it comes to the boil dump in a packet of pasta spirals, and keep it boiling while you chop whatever veges you want to add. Grated zucchini and carrot, chopped broccoli, celery and capsicum are our favorites. Add the veges, and cook til everything is as firm or soft as you like it. Serve with grated cheese.