Salmon Roulade.

baalamb, Aug 23, 11:28pm
I had some Salmon Roulade at Columbus Coffee a couple of weeks ago and loved it! How difficult is a roulade to make!

cookessentials, Aug 23, 11:32pm
Not really, the rolling up can be a little fiddly.

baalamb, Aug 23, 11:34pm
Ok, thanks, I assumed that could be a challenge. Will have a try over the weekend.

cookessentials, Aug 23, 11:39pm
This is one I do.
Cheesy Salmon Roulade
60g butter
50gplain flour
250mlmilk
4 eggs, separated
90ggrated tasty cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
Filling
300g whole smoked salmon
30g butter
4 spring onions, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
125g packet cream cheese
1 tsp grated lemon rind

Lightly grease 26cm x 32cm Swiss roll pan. Line with paper, grease paper.
Melt butter in saucepan, add flour, cook, stirring, until dry and grainy. Remove-pan from heat, gradually stir in milk, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Transfer mixture to bowl, stir in egg yolks, cheese and dill. Beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form, gently fold into cheese mixture in 2 batches. Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake at 220°C for about 12 minutes or until set. Turn onto wire rack covered with tea-towel, peel off paper, spread roulade with filling, roll up while hot using tea-towel. Stand roulade 10 minutes before serving.
Serve warm or cold.

Filling: Remove skin and bones from salmon, flake salmon. Heat butter in pan, add spring onions and celery, cook, stirring, until celery is soft; cool. Beat cheese and rind in bowl until smooth, fold in salmon and spring onion mixture.

baalamb, Aug 23, 11:53pm
Yum, thanks for that - I'll try that one! Would it be suitable to freeze in individual portions!

griffo4, Aug 24, 12:47am
Thanks for sharing cooks l was wondering what to make for a shared lunch and once again you have come up with it for me

griffo4, Aug 24, 12:53am
Just one question cooks what brand of salmon do you buy!
l am not very salmon savvy ;-))

cookessentials, Aug 24, 1:52am
I always buy the regal salmon griffo. I prefer their hot smoked with the ground pepper and spices on the top, I use this one for the salmon and orzo salad. baalamb, i dont know if you can successfully freeze it or not.
https://www.regalsalmon.co.nz/regal-wood-roasted-salmon/

baalamb, Aug 24, 3:11am
Thanks for that cooks - thought I might slice a small piece off, and give it a go in the freezer. I suspect its likely to go soggy as some quiches do.

cookessentials, Aug 24, 3:52am
Well, it's worth trying I guess. You just never know!

griffo4, Aug 24, 8:09am
Thanks cooks l will be trying it in the next couple of weeks l have printed out the recipe all ready

griffo4, Sep 11, 10:50pm
This is another lovely recipe and easy to make and l had no trouble rolling it up in fact it was easier than making a sponge roll and very tasty
lt looked nice as well, thanks cooks for posting

cookessentials, Sep 16, 9:07am
You are most welcome

guest, Jan 11, 6:25am
At last! Someone who undtesrands! Thanks for posting!

guest, Jan 13, 12:54pm
Wonderful goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff prior to and you're just exertmely excellent. I actually like what you have bought right here, certainly like what you're statingand the way in which during which you say it. You're making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.

guest, Jan 14, 7:49pm
Admiring the time and energy you put into your siatend detailed information you offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information.Excellent read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.