Had some delicious crunchy vanilla coated

homestead_tm, Aug 25, 10:23am
almonds today that my daughter got at new world - anyone have a recipe for this!

korbo, Aug 25, 9:19pm
havent seen them, but did buy some salt/vinegar coated ones yesterday from local pac/save, rather yummy.

norse_westie, Aug 25, 9:26pm
I have some cinnamon and orange coated ones that were gifted to me yesterday. I wish I had never tried one. This is not good for my diet. Vanilla ones would send me over the edge.

homestead_tm, Aug 25, 11:03pm
. they are seriously addictive - daughter offered me the pkt to try one but ended up finishing the lot much to her dismay - have found a couple of recipes online but am always more interested in those already tried and true - see that they use egg white as a glue -

davidt4, Aug 25, 11:35pm
Here's a basic recipe for sugared nuts.The coating is crunchy and sugary rather than a shiny glaze.

Sugared Nuts

210g whole nuts
1 egg white
¼ c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
50g butter, melted & cooled

Roast nuts 180C 6 min.

Whip egg white, whip in sugar, cinnamon & salt.Whip in butter.Mix with nuts.

Roast 160C 30 min, stirring often.Cool in a rack or on a sheet of baking paper.

homestead_tm, Aug 26, 12:20am
. good stuff - not a fan of cinnamon but would replace with vanilla paste maybe - and just what I want as in crunchy rather than glazed - thank you -

donna23, Aug 26, 3:37am
Those french vanilla almonds at NW are seriously good! A recipe at home would be disastorous - no end to how often you could whip up a batch!

shellz213, Aug 26, 3:43am
Oohh I haven't seen them . I loove anything vanilla.Are they just in the bulk bins!

michelle313, Aug 26, 4:39am
Yes, they are in the NW bulk bins.They are delicious.

shellz213, Aug 26, 4:43am
Thanks
* Adds to grocery list *

pogram0, Aug 26, 5:23am
They're a favourite of mine as well.Not cheap but seriously good.I've found that they are $3.99 per 100g at NW in Auckland city but $3.69 out in the burbs.Even cheaper at Pack ' Slave.

homestead_tm, Aug 26, 5:24am
so I believe - daughter has just gone to get me some more for a Sunday night treat -