Beef topside help

pedulla, Jul 21, 3:20am
in crockpot - how long for please on low! dont want it dry and also it weighs 1.5kg - put in by itself! any hints to stop it getting dry! thanks

rose-quartz, Jul 21, 4:44am
pedulla I put a bit of water in mine maybe a cup!I also put crushed garlic and mixed herbs on mine and also throw in a few bayleafs and do the other side when I turn it yum.I normally put mine on about 8ish and its ready by 5ish.Hope that helps

ange164, Jul 21, 4:54am
I do about the same as above. Topside is a dry cut any way and IMO will require gravy.

roundtop, Jul 21, 4:56am
I sit mine on cut up onion rings! That keeps it real moist

pedulla, Jul 21, 5:37am
oh thanks heaps guys - really do the onion rings help keep it moist!

love the idea of the garlic too

so on low for all that time rosequartz!

tinkagirl, Jul 21, 7:11am
try this
1 tin coke
1 can tomato soup
1 onion sliced
beef
Mix coke/soup/onion together.Put meat into slowcooker and cover with sauce.Cook on low for 8 hours.Take out and rest, add 2 teaspoons of cornflour and mix with little water.Add to the sauce and cook on high for about 1/2 hour.Will make lots of sauce and is great on mashed potatoes.

lythande1, Jul 21, 6:20pm
Pot roast it.

devalois, Jul 22, 12:21am
We potroast ours, on our wood-burner.ours are veal topsides, so are a little smaller. We have found if you cut WITH the grain it's really tender.And we put in carrots (whole), onions, garlic, and then kumara and potatoes about two hours before we're ready to eat. We even steam broccoli florets on top of the meat/veg about 15 minutes before serving, so it's a really great one-pot meal. devalois

pedulla, Jul 22, 6:25am
rose -quartz - thank you thank you - made your way tonight and it was so delicious, made a gravy with the juices and it is really yummy. will definitely do againnow that it isnt dry - cheers - great easy meal and nice on a horrible wet day

guest, Jan 11, 8:29am
You got to push it-this esstienal info that is!

guest, Jan 13, 1:40pm
Beautiful photos! And to have a room unrwdeater would be fabulous! In my head I always think an island getaway would be fantastic, until I remember I'm not that fond of water, and my very pale skin can't take much sun. But maybe a day or two would be just the thing. Like you, my idea of a vacation is to have a maid make the beds, bring fresh towels, and tidy the room. I want my food to be prepared for me at a restaurant and the dishes washed. I just got home from Chicago and saw your email about the challenge. I can't wait to explore the place you picked for me, and get started on a design!