Pressure Cookers

ronnoc, Jul 29, 6:51am
Anyone here use! I think they sound great!

angel404, Jul 29, 6:54am
Mum uses hers for corned beef. Comes out really nice and much quicker than slow cooking it.

penwill1, Jul 29, 7:24am
Looking forward to hearing what people have to say about Pressure Cookers, what one would people recommend.

biggles45, Jul 29, 8:18am
I use mine heaps for stews, steak and kidney pudding, corned beef, meat for pies etc. Mine is a really old Hawkins, bought off here. Had a Hawkins one for years then changed it for a new one which was rubbish - sorry can't remember the brand - the seal leaked from day 1 so the pressure was never right, so bought another Hawkins.

co-creations, Jul 29, 10:29am
I have been using a Prestige automatic had it since 1982 and only replaced the seal once bought it in Sydney use it a lot mince in 7 minutes, casseroles 15 minutes, steamed veges in 5 minutes or less its awesome would highly recommend in getting one cooks fast and food is beautiful.

retired, Jul 29, 8:17pm
I have one of the new Swiss ones, perfect, no noise at all.I also have two slow cookers butpickled, pork and corned beef taste much better out of the pressure cooker.Also excellent for making soups.Slow cookers I use for larger pieces of meat and casserole type meals.

cookessentials, Jul 29, 9:52pm
Fagor, WMF or Kuhn Rikon are the best.

niffer13, Jul 30, 8:01am
So where can I buy a new seal for my WMF!

mikew, Jul 30, 8:52am
We've got one of those Fast Slow Cookers from Breville (from memory- I'd get up and have a look but got the cat and dog on my knee).really great. Husband uses it to make casseroles.

cookessentials, Jul 30, 9:46am
If you look up Michael Joyce, they are the distributors in NZ for WMF. I am sure they will be able to help you

julie_, Jul 30, 10:59am
I have a Fagor and need a new seal.Where is the best place to get one cookessentials! Thanks :)

skye7, Jul 30, 11:27am
We have one of these also and find it fantastic. Perfect for soup, stew, roasts, lamb shanks etc etc. Easy to use and great when you get home from work and want food quickly. The added bonus with the fast slow cooker is you can use it as a crockpot if you want.

I have Lisa Loveday's Pressure Cooker recipe book which is a great companion to the pressure cooker

cookessentials, Jul 30, 6:38pm
Hi Julie, DKSH in Albany, Auckland are the distributors. There is a thread here somewhere where I put up the details incl part numbers etc. Will see if I can find it for you.

cookessentials, Jul 30, 6:41pm
Found it.have copy and pasted it here for you.

DKSH 09 415 1096. If it is the short handle at the front, you want a 803003 They are around $22 Ref# 98011280. If it's something else, let me know and I can give you the part number. You can get the following spare parts and it is actually handy to order yourself another one or two gaskets.

operating valve
handle assembly
short handle base
base handle
auto safety valve chrome
auto safety valve gasket
Lid gasket for the 80301 and 80305 Duo
Lid gasket for 80301, 80302 and 80303 Duo
Well insert
Instruction manual
Recipe book Duo
Steamer basket for 80300 Duo
Trivet.

Hope this helps.

cookessentials (1202 )9:32 am, Tue 24 Jul #4Most cookware stores that sell Fagor can get them for you. DKSH should be able to give you retailer details in your area. I am assuming you have the "Duo"! If you do, then the parts above are suitable.

falcon-hell, Jul 30, 10:38pm
snap! i have the cooker and the book too,still haven't used it,had it for quite awhile now-12 months ish,i'm actually a little scared of using it-because its a pressure cooker-the slow part,not a problem but it does make me nervous,lol.