Page 3 / 8
fisher, Apr 20, 8:59am
well maybe I wont... . :}

uli, Apr 20, 9:12am
What has the lazyboy to do with it LOL :)r

fisher, Apr 20, 10:56am
ya need a tv to understand Uli. . :}

holdenss, Apr 20, 5:59pm
Saw that, will be interesting! mmmm and cheers for that uli.

ddd10, Apr 21, 11:13am
to cut down on fat, I use unsweetened yoghurt in my butter chicken recipe, instead of cream.

uli, Apr 21, 10:03pm
:(
Not going to buy one - just for that ... LOL :)

uli, Apr 21, 10:04pm
To cut down on carbs - I eat my butter chicken over broccoli and cauli instead of rice ...

margyr, Apr 21, 10:13pm
#1 has the stuff from sandra arrived yet? how was it?

uli, Apr 21, 11:45pm
Yep - HOW was it LOL :)

sandra22, Apr 23, 4:39am
"uli" just for the record I don't sell sauces.

kirinesha, Apr 23, 5:35am
Correct. "Sandra" sells spice mixes to make the sauce around butter chicken. How could you be so imprecise "Uli"?

fisher, Apr 23, 5:55am
actually Sandra I might get some off you to try. . :}the spices are in a similar vein to what I use at present... .
Go on folks ... spank me:}}

kirinesha, Apr 23, 5:58am
Only if you pay me Fisher!

Sandra's does look nice, and it's all real food rather than stuff in a jar so has to be a big step up! Nice to make your own though, if you have the knowledge and wherewithall.

fisher, Apr 23, 6:04am
yup I do... but I'm too busy doing nothing sometimes... so if the basics are all ready mixed ready to go. . IN A PACKET. . then I can get back to my bourbons quicker. .
ANYWHO. . Kathy wont know heheheheee...
hmmmm then maybe she will, shes no slug in the kitchen...
Lets give it a whirl and see if she does... :}

kirinesha, Apr 23, 6:16am
You think you can fool Kathy? PMSL, I'd be impressed if you could!

uli, Apr 23, 6:24am
Haha - I would be surprised too - so Kathy will be the judge LOL
go and buy some fisher - and then tell us how it went - we might all go and buy lots :)
(if most of us are not yet blacklisted)

cookessentials, Apr 23, 8:15am
Just got a great curry book into the shop and there is a delicious looking butter chicken recipe in there which i might poost. Thew book is written by an Indian chef, so will be pretty authentic.

kirinesha, Apr 23, 8:20am
Look forward to it :)

knowsley, Apr 23, 8:20am
Which chef?

horgi, Apr 29, 7:35am
sandra22 has an amazing spice mix -so worth buying it but definately not health food!

kirinesha, Apr 29, 7:37am
Depends on how you define "health food".

holdenss, Apr 30, 4:08am
woaH why dont you just take the chicken out and call it something else!

aktow, Apr 30, 2:16pm
i will back sandra22 up that the product she sells is excellent but she does not actually sell butter chicken . . she sells fresh spice mixes that go in butter chicken.
you are using sandra22 fresh ground spices and you providing all the fresh ingredients to go in to making butter chicken. basically you are making butter chicken the same as in a restaurant. . the only difference is a restaurant buys in bulk spices and grinds there own spices needed.
i made butter chicken with sandra22 spice mix and it turned outbetter than any foodtown pre mix or prepared butter chicken sauce. my family loved it and it waseven better than the butter chicken i bought at our local indian takeaway.

justdelite, May 1, 5:34am
Ours was really nice (Sandras spices) - but it seemed to lack something and I am not sure what. It actually tasted better the next day - we did double the recipe though. I think I will still keep my eyes out on a great butter chicken recipe and see how I go.

sandra22, May 27, 7:13am
I wonder what you thought was missing. I'm always keen to get feedback to improve the mix. If you think of anything, I'd love to know.