I NEED Butter chicken or Chicken korma..except I

moonangel, May 24, 5:04am
can't eat garlic or onion and I haven't come across a packet or sauce that doesn't it in it in some form or another. Having withdrawals and desperate for chicken Korma!!!
Doesn't anyone have a recipe I can make from scratch that I can just leave them out and it will still taste good?

lindylambchops1, May 24, 6:59am
Use the Message Board function to do a search for the recipe you want.
Left of screen Message BoardSelect Recipes
KeywordButter chicken or Chicken Korma
Date Posted choose AnytimePress Search
Leave out the ingredients that don't agree with you.Enjoy!

marcs, May 24, 11:20am
Sorry to be bearer of bad news but most curries are made with onions and garlic. You will have to make it from scratch yourself if you don't want onions and garlic. Would sugget to use tandori paste with yoghurt if you want to healthy or cream.

dianne42, May 25, 2:31am
Here you go -
2 TBSP peanut oil or canola
1kg chicken thighscubed
60g butter
2tsp garam masala
2tsp sweet paprika
2tsp ground coriander
1tbsp chopped fresh ginger
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 cinnamon stick
6 cardomom pods bruised
359g pureed tomatoes
1tbsp sugar
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup coconut cream
1tbsp lemon juice

Heat wok. Add oil and stir fry few minutes until browned - may need to do couple batches so as to not overcrowd the wok.
Remove chicken and place aside.
Reduce heat, add butter and melt.Add the spices and stir fry about a minute until fragrant. Return chicken to wok and coat in the spices.Add the tomato and sugar and simmer stirring for 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is thick.Add the yoghurt, cream and lemon juice and coook another five minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly more.Remove cinnamon stick and cardamom pods and serve with rice.DELICIOUS

loren8, May 25, 4:13am
I get my butter chicken from here, after someone on here recommended it, and I tell you it is the most yummiest I have ever tasted,
http://butterchicken.co.nz/

moonangel, May 25, 5:04am
can't eat garlic or onion and I haven't come across a packet or sauce that doesn't it in it in some form or another. Having withdrawals and desperate for chicken Korma!
Doesn't anyone have a recipe I can make from scratch that I can just leave them out and it will still taste good!

lyl_guy, May 25, 5:21am
+1!I use a stephanie alexander recipe... making it tonight actually.She didn't give amounts, but I use about 3Tbls tandoori paste, with a good 3/4 c of greek yoghurt, and a large squirt of lemon juice.Marinate the chicken in that for a few hours, and bake in oven as usual.
Although... the tandoori paste does have some garlic in it, so don't know if OP can tolerate that either?

lindylambchops1, May 25, 6:59am
Use the Message Board function to do a search for the recipe you want.
Left of screen Message BoardSelect Recipes
KeywordButter chicken or Chicken Korma
Date Posted choose AnytimePress Search
Leave out the ingredients that don't agree with you.Enjoy!

marcs, May 25, 11:20am
Sorry to be bearer of bad news but most curries are made with onions and garlic. You will have to make it from scratch yourself if you don't want onions and garlic. Would sugget to use tandori paste with yoghurt if you want to healthy or cream.

lyl_guy, May 26, 5:21am
+1!I use a stephanie alexander recipe. making it tonight actually.She didn't give amounts, but I use about 3Tbls tandoori paste, with a good 3/4 c of greek yoghurt, and a large squirt of lemon juice.Marinate the chicken in that for a few hours, and bake in oven as usual.
Although. the tandoori paste does have some garlic in it, so don't know if OP can tolerate that either!