Mini desserts - platter to share?

beebs, Jun 21, 7:36pm
hi, i was wanting to make a platter of 'one bite' type desserts for a dinner party, what comes to mind for you, obviously cheesecake is do-able.thanks in advance

margyr, Jun 21, 7:57pm
marshmallows, fruit with a choc mousse as a dip, truffles, dried apricots etc half dipped in choc.

susieq9, Jun 21, 8:26pm
Mini chocolate eclairs, brandy snaps, slices with a dollop of whipped cream on top, jelly cake cut in small squares.

geldof, Jun 21, 8:33pm
Dried apricots dipped in chocolate.
mix cream cheese with orange or lemon zest and stuff dates.

sarahb5, Jun 21, 9:21pm
Brownies cut into bite sized pieces would work well.And Nigella's chocolate pistachio fudge - I used half pistachios, half cranberries when I made it for Christmas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolatepistachiofu_87639

ibcreative, Jun 21, 9:46pm
Meringues with whipped cream or yoghurt & a selection of toppings.

antoniab, Jun 21, 9:54pm
My Mum did that for our wedding - she made choc dipped strawberries (not really good for this time of year), mini pecan pies, mini lemon curd tarts and choc brownie

pom-pom, Jun 21, 10:54pm
I made a really tiny dessert - easy but looks good if you want something a bit posh. Make mini pastry cases (or buy them if it's easier but they are not cheap). Whip some cream and then whip in decadent lemon chesse (I used Aunty somebody's - it was lovely!) so that you can pipe it. Then pipe little swirls into the cases. If you want to go one step more, melt a wee bit of dark chocolate and drizzle over with a fork really quickly.

duckmoon, Jun 21, 11:19pm
Think of what you can put into mini muffin tins

I do neenish tarts. But you could be lemon curd or chocolate ganache in the the pastry cases

beebs, Jun 22, 1:16am
yum yum!