Flummery . Jelly Whip

dingbats, Jun 18, 6:03am
Does anyone know the quantities for this receipe.
I have been told:1 pkt jelly, 1 cup boiling water, 1 tin evap milk.
But have also been told 2 pkts jelly. to same water, milk !

Help.

gardie, Jun 18, 6:05am
Mmmm.Foam Pudding.Yep - 1 packet.I use about 3/4 cup boiling water - so it dissolves easily.Evaporated Milk must be very, very cold - ice crystals in it is best - wait till jelly is cool before you whip the two up together.

dingbats, Jun 18, 6:06am
Yes I thought it was just the one packet.I spose I could put evap milk in fridge overnight.then make it in the afternoon for tea!

245sam, Jun 18, 6:57am
x1
dingbats, try this.

LEMON DELIGHT
1 cup unsweetened condensed (evaporated) milk – WELL chilled
1 x 85g packet lemon jelly crystals
1 cup boiling water
½ tsp grated lemon rind
3 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup sugar – I usually use icing sugar because it dissolves so readily

Dissolve the jelly crystals in the boiling water, then add the lemon rind and 2 tbsp lemon juice. Cool and allow to thicken slightly, but not set.
Whip the chilled evaporated milk, then add the sugar and the remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice. Continue to whip until the milk mixture is thick and creamy, then add the cooled jelly and continue to whip until fluffy. Pour into tall glasses or a serving dish and chill well.
Variations:For an orange version of this use orange jelly crystals and orange rind and juice or make a 50/50 (orange and lemon) version using lemon jelly crystals and orange rind and juice, or orange jelly crystals and lemon rind and juice. You may like to reduce the sugar quantity when using orange rind and juice, depending on the sweetness of the oranges.
As with so many desserts, I believe that this one also benefits from being made at least one day ahead.

Hope that helps.:-))

flower-child01, Jun 22, 9:38pm
sorry this is late but this is my recipe

Raspberry fluff (jelly fluff)
Whether you call it raspberry fluff, jelly fluff, jelly whip, swiss cream, or flummery; nothing beats this simple dessert. This was often served along with jelly and ice cream for a birthday treat.

85g packet jelly crystals (raspberry or strawberry)
1 c water
375ml can of carnation evaporated milk, chilled

Dissolve jelly crystals in boiling water and cool.
Beat evaporated milk until thick (in a 2 litre bowl).
Add jelly mixture.
Continue beating until thick and well combined.
Pour into serving dish and chill until firm.

ayglepaygle, Jun 23, 1:59am
Foam Pudding - A simple yummy desert. This is the recipe my mum used to make!

huia991, Jun 23, 5:45am
MMM brings back memories of Sunday roast lunch at my grandparents where we would often have this for pudding.Was always my favourite.

kiwikid1, Jun 23, 10:00pm
love this pudding its cheap and makes heaps. Had heaps as kids. the other was the custard with jelly in