Anyone bought a Kitchen Aid mixer in the US?

wendy1968, Jul 2, 11:35pm
It works out at just over 1/2 price, taking into account $70 excess baggage charge & $135 at Dick Smiths for the adapter/converter thingie,(exchange rate worked out at .78) and then you can get the pasta, ice cream attachments etc at a fraction of the cost they are here.Has anyone done this and had any problems, thanks :)

carriebradshaw, Jul 3, 12:56am
I wouldnt personally as it wouldnt have the warranty here in N.Z if you bought it in the U.S.
I bought mine here as I wanted the piece of mind if something went wrong.

spectrums, Jul 3, 2:31am
Hi i am now living in the US i would buy in NZ simply becos the power plugs here in the US are totally different to that in NZ, the voltage outlet is also different and from previous experience buying an appliance from the US and taking it back home, the Electrician told me that they could not change anything becos of the voltage.So buy in NZ

elliehen, Jul 3, 2:35am
Agree.I have fiddled about with converters.not worth the hassle.

shop-a-holic, Jul 3, 4:07am
Buy NZ; accepted your warranty with relief and buy the attachments off-shore.However, the US ice-cream attachment is NOT the same for a Euro/NZ/Aust/Sgp machine. The correct ice-cream attachment is $300NZ.

bill241, Jul 3, 6:02am
Mine has already had to be sent away under warranty once, so I don't know if I would be keen to buy one from overseas, with that in mind.

carriebradshaw, Jul 3, 8:46am
bill241-You havnt had yours for that long have you!I remember you mentioning it when you got it.

fergus2, Jul 3, 8:49am
What are they priced like in Australia!I think if it worked out better, that would be a better option as it's the same voltage.I simply wouldn't buy one from the US due to the Voltage issues.I am off to have a look at accessories though - went to a demo night recently & am keen for some gadgets to add to my gorgeous Kitchen Aid!

shop-a-holic, Jul 3, 10:37am
The agent for Kitchen in Aust is the same as NZ. All prices are the same.
www.petermcinness.co.nz

Earthqukes

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 3, 10:48am
!

yes pretty big in Kapiti. 6.3 but didnt say where it was centred

but back to KA, I love mine and with the exchange rate you would pay more from aussie if it's the same price as NZ ".

bill241, Jul 3, 10:57am
carriebradshaw wrote:
bill241--
You havnt had yours fo

No I haven't, I got it in January I think. The lever catch to tilt the head on it got loose because I was using it to knead dough and it wasn't really up to the job. I've since gotten a breadmaker though

mikek, Jul 3, 11:03am
Some stores in the US stock the European version for this reason - which has the same power etc as us,all you need is a simple plug adapter ($5) or you could change the plug.I bought one in San Fran for my wife when I was there - was same price as the local version so all good and yes, cost all up about $400 or something - so a good saving.

meegs35, Jul 3, 9:31pm
My boss bought one on Amazon and just bought a converter plug thing which means that it could be used for other appliances bought on Amazon. Worked out to be half the price and I know she would recommend it and do it again. I already have a KA but would have followed suit if I didn't.

kate777, Jul 5, 9:05am
I bought mine in Hawaii for just over $350NZD, step down transformer new from trade me, $70.

Works perfectly. Ensure you get the right size transformer for the wattage of your mixer and get a us plug in and nz plug out so you don't also need an adaptor.

If you can get the excess baggage sorted you will be fine! If you can get the extras in the states too, even better. Sooooo much cheaper.

leodevos, Jul 6, 9:47am
I lived in the US, bought a Kitchen Aid then, moved back to NZ over 10 years ago and still use my Kitchen Aid with the transformer. Had no problems with it. I use the several attachments and find it all works great. They are GREAT machines.

wendy1968, Jul 9, 5:27am
Hi Kate 777,
whereabouts in Hawaii did you get your mixer! thanks, Wendy

wendy1968, Jul 17, 6:14am
bump.should kate777 reappear :)

kiwicanvas, Sep 13, 6:42pm
buy it from the uk as they have the same 230v,

http://www.hartsofstur.com/acatalog/Kitchenaid_Electricals.html
always has a sale on