Dinner party have to take Chicken!

Page 1 / 2
megan23, Jul 8, 3:55am
Got dinner party on next week have to take chicken DAM IT.
Any good recipes or ideas what to do with it .

sossie1, Jul 8, 3:58am
yes, go the supermarket on the way and pick up an already roasted one!

moore., Jul 8, 4:02am
chicken breasts baked in oven, with sweet and sour jar over the time.OR the mango sweet and sour sauceis nicer.

vomo2, Jul 8, 4:11am
Easy curry, packet job, just follow the directions.

elsielaurie1, Jul 8, 4:13am
Chicken baked in a Maggi chicken soup, made with wine instead of water, sprinkled with mushrooms.in a casserole dish.

kinna54, Jul 8, 4:23am
x1
Chicken Chasseur.Apricot chicken curry.Butter Chicken.Any type of chicken curry.Chicken Chow Mein.Chicken Friccasse ,Poached Chicken Breasts in a lemon and Basil sauce.Lemon chicken, Sweet and sour chicken , Chicken meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce.Chicken Pot pie, Chicken schnitzels stuffed with apricot sauce and brie. Chicken Skewers or chicken meatballs, with an indonesian peanut dipping sauce.
Chicken Parmingana .spicy coated chicken drumsticks.

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:46am
Buy a continental slow cooker sachet for chicken, & make a casserole, they are pretty nice actually

otori, Jul 8, 7:20am
Just bring a live one, and be like ohhhhhhhhhh, you meant a dead COOKED chicken, my bad.

natalie9, Jul 8, 7:25am
This is quick and tasty

20-Minute Chicken Creole

Ingredients:
4 medium chicken breast halves (approx 900gm) skinned, boned and cut into 1 inch strips
400gm (approx) can chopped tomatoes
1 cup chili sauce
1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper (1 large)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
minced 1 Tbsp chopped basil or 1 tsp dried basil
crushed 1 Tbsp chopped parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

Directions:
Spray deep skillet with nonstick spray coating or oil. Preheat pan over high heat. Cook chicken in hot skillet, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Reduce heat. Add tomatoes, chili sauce, green
pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice or whole wheat pasta.

cgvl, Jul 8, 7:32am
I do marinated chicken nibbles.
Easy recipe: 1Tbsp oil, 1Tbsp brown sugar, 2Tbsp orange juice, 2Tbsps soy sauce, 2-3 cloves garlic crushed, ½ tsp ground ginger, 2Tbsp sherry (or use extra orange juice), 1tsp salt.
put all into a plastic bag eg zip lock one add the chicken pieces or nibbles shake and pop into fridge. Turn bag over regularly. Leave to marinate for between 2 and 24 hours.
Pile into a roasting dish or if you use an oven bag cook in that at 180C.
Mix will cover 1kg nibbles or 6-8 chicken legs and can be thickened to serve as a sauce. Can be doubled for a large number eg 2kgs nibbles
I usually use the juice and sometimes the rind from an orange.

245sam, Jul 8, 7:36am
megan23, here's a couple of easy prepare-ahead then heat options.

Alison Holst's ROAST CHICKEN CASSEROLE (aka CRUNCHY CHICKEN)
1 chicken
1-2 bacon rashers
1 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
cornflour to thicken
saltandpepper
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs

Place chicken (whole or jointed) in a saucepan with bacon, water, soy sauce and garlic.Cover and simmer overavery low heat for about an hour or until the flesh is tender.
Bone the chicken and place the flesh in shallow ovenprooof dish. Chop the bacon and sprinkle it over the chicken.
Strain the cooking liquid and thicken with it cornflour paste to make a gravy consistency, then season and pour it over the chicken. Allow to cool.
Melt the butter and cook the onion in it until it is tender but not browned.Remove from the heat and mix well with the herbs and breadcrumbs.Sprinkle the topping evenly over cooled sauce and chicken.Refrigerate until required.
Reheat at180ºC-190ºCforabout 30-40 minutes, until the topping is crisp and the sauce and chicken have heated through.
Variation:Add chopped sautéed mushrooms to the boned chicken and sauce mixture.

CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CRUMBLE
Recipe can be made 2 days ahead – suitable to freeze and suitable to microwave.

2 cups (360g) chopped cooked chicken
500g frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 x 440g can condensed cream of asparagus soup (or other soup of choice)
⅔ cup stale breadcrumbs
½ cup grated tasty cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Thaw the frozen vegetables and drain them to remove as much excess liquid as possible.
Combine the chicken, vegetables and soup in an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Mix the breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley in a bowl, then sprinkle the mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
Bake at180ºCforabout 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the crumble is heated through.
Serves 4-5.

Hope that helps.:-))

janny3, Jul 8, 3:50pm
Someone brought a nice chicken, bacon, avocado pasta dish in a creamy mushroom sauce with pesto.Anyone know how to make that!

winnie231, Jul 8, 9:28pm
Spicy Chicken Nibbles

Place chicken wings or nibbles in a large bowl. Add a little oil, lots of Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, 1-6 crushed cloves of garlic & a little tabasco or other hot sauce (quantities depend on the amount of chicken & how hot you like it).
Stir well, cover & leave in the fridge for at least an hour (I mix mine in the morning to cook that night) to marinate.
Pre-heat oven to 200C & bake uncovered in a roasting dish for 30-40mins or until sticky, golden & well cooked. Stir a couple of times during cooking.

catlover28, Jul 9, 3:09am
Why the cross face!

sarahb5, Jul 9, 4:04am
I'd take butter chicken simply because I love it!

skye7, Jul 9, 4:20am
Mike's chilli chicken (Food Truck)

Chilli mixture:
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chicken booster
pinch salt

2 cups panko crumbs
3 egg whites, beaten
1 Tbsp water

2 chicken breasts, skinned, deboned and cut in half.
2 chicken legs, skinned, cut into thigh and drum
0r Chicken Nibbles

Preheat oven to 165 C.

Mix chilli ingredients together, add panko crumbs and place in a bowl.

Whisk egg whites and water together.

Dip chicken pieces in egg white mixture, then roll in the panko chilli mixture.
Place on baking paper in a baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes.

tjman, Jul 9, 4:50am
A lady posted this on a previous thread for me.It is delicious and well worth it.Take is out of oven before leaving cover in foil and should stay really warm

Here you go.
3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers bacon
200g mushrooms
1 Tbsp oil
good pinch ground cumin
1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
1 bunch spinach
3 cooked potatoes - skin on or off
1 - 1.5 cups grated cheese
(cheddar, edam, colby or gouda)
Milk or beaten egg to glaze

It's a long method, so I'll prece it

Preheat oven to 200 & place a baking tray inside
Line baking tin with pastry (they use a spring form) & a good idea cos it's a deep pie.
Cut chicken into 3cm cubes & cook chicken, bacon& mushrooms over fairly high heat for 5 mins & season well with cumin & chopped herbs.
Wash spinach, discard stalks & cook in only the water clinging, until just wilted & drain well
Put 1cm slices potato on the bottom, then chicken mixture, spinach layer & then cheese
You can season with S & P if you like
Put pastry top on with an air vent glaze & bake @ 200 30 -35 minutes until golden brown.
It's a good one, isn't it/

samanya, Jul 9, 6:25am
he he he that was moi!
I like being called a "lady" ;o)
It's called the Ultimate Chicken Pie & it's good. (courtesy Next Magazine a few years ago).

kiwigoldie, Jul 9, 7:22am
1 x cooked chook

Broccoli

1x pottle thickened cream

1 x can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup

Curry powder (to your liking)

Grated cheese.

Break chicken up and place in dish

Cook broccoli and spread over chicken

In a bowl mix cream, can of soup and curry powder together

Pour over the chicken and broccoli

Grate cheese on top

Put in pre heated over on approx 180degrees

For approx 30-40 mins or until it has browned a little.

Serve with rice or veges.Enjoy

vinka74, Jul 9, 7:41am
Smoked chicken salad.big bag of mesculan mix, red onion rings, bag of crispy noodles, sliced or shredded chicken breast, toss through just before serving with a good quality honey mustard dressing.Easy and yum!

nadineb, Jul 9, 9:19am
Filo pastry chicken parcels
2-3 chicken breast
1 container cream cheese
1 bottle watties spicy apricot sauce
Filo sheets
Cut chicken up into bite size pieces fry in a small amount of oil
Butter filo sheets I use about three for each parcel
Put a small amount of cooked chicken in one corner of the filo
Put a tablespoon of cream cheese on and then fold into in half so it looks like half a triange then continue rolling this way you should end up with a triange shape
Cook 180@ for about 20 minutes until filo is cooked and crispy
Serve with watties apricot spicey sauce

roys351, Jul 9, 11:44am
i get chicken breasts slice them 3/4 way tru then stuff them with steamed drained silverbeet, cream cheese ,garlic and onion, then wrap them in streaky bacon, or just garlic butter and bake . 1 breast can easily do 2 to 3 people

parsondian, Jul 10, 12:52am
+1.I know I should spend time in the kitchen turning a chicken into some experience people will cluck over but really I like this idea the most.

eastie3, Jul 10, 3:24am
Can I ask,what is chicken booster!

davidt4, Jul 10, 3:52am
I'd not heard of it either so I looked it up.It sounds vile:

Nestle Professional Finished Product Specification -
MAGGI Classic Chicken Flavoured Booster Gluten free
- 12132641, 12132529

This document is confidential and all intellectual property rights in them, including copyright,
are the property of Nestlé Australia Ltd or a related body corporate of Nestlé.

Ingredient list
Salt, Sugar, Maize Starch, Chicken Fat (3.6%), Onion Powder, Flavour, Yeast Extract, Chicken Powder (1%), Flavour Enhancer (635), Spice, Colour (150c).
Manufactured on equipment that also processes products containing Milk and Soy.

And here's the run down on Flavour Enhancer 635:

Disodium 5'-ribonucleotides, E number E635, is a flavor enhancer which is synergistic with glutamates in creating the taste of umami. It is a mixture of disodium inosinate (IMP) and disodium guanylate (GMP) and is often used where a food already contains natural glutamates (as in meat extract) or added monosodium glutamate (MSG). It is primarily used in flavored noodles, snack foods, chips, crackers, sauces and fast foods. It is produced by combining the sodium salts of the natural compounds guanylic acid (E626) and inosinic acid (E630).

Guanylates and inosinates are generally produced from meat, but partly also from fish. They are thus not suitable for vegans and vegetarians.[1]

A mixture of 98% monosodium glutamate and 2% E635 has four times the flavor enhancing power of monosodium glutamate (MSG) alone.[2]