Don't buy the kleva knife sharpner

aktow, Jul 11, 8:13am
like a idiot i watched the ad about the klevaknife sharpner. it arrived today and it a piece of rubbish,, it no better than any cheap knife sharpener you get at a $1 $2 $3 store,, i tried it out and it does not work at all. my knifehad a goodedge but needed a sharpen. i pulled it once through the machine and my knife was still blunt,, i did it several more times andstill the same.the freemicro slicer looked like it came from a $2 store. chinese rubbish,, total price was $49.90 ,, save your money

my buddy bought the cheaper $14 Samurai Pro and its the same type as the kleva,, both useless and will damage your knife if you use it to many times

biggles45, Jul 11, 8:32am
Wow, you can buy a knife sharpening steel for about half that price! Never had a steel that doesn't work even after many years use.

cookessentials, Jul 11, 8:43am
A quality steel will cost more than half the price of the one above.

kateley, Jul 11, 8:45am
I bought a second hand steel for a dollar about 20 years ago, keeps all my knives sharp

firemansgirl, Jul 11, 8:46am
I drop my knives into Millys Kitchen Shop and get them done professionally. They come back just like new :-)

valentino, Jul 11, 8:50pm
The good old "Oil Stone" is still the best way to go for a nice very fine sharp edge.

rainrain1, Jul 11, 9:55pm
you can see the thin strips of steel coming off the knife during the ad !

cookessentials, Jul 11, 10:01pm
Having them professionally done once or twice a year is the best thing you can do for your knives. Also bear in mind, that it pays to run them through your sharpener each time you use the knife as "feathers" build up and this helps keep your knife sharp in between professional sharpening.

iman007, Jul 11, 11:16pm
a guy comes and does my 4 knives every 6 months.I use a steel as well!