The FEIJOA thread - YAY its feijoa season!

Page 1 / 23
supertrader4u, May 16, 4:34am
Feijoa wine anybody got a good recipe for this would be great thanks.

gary06, May 22, 1:22am
4 kg feijoas 2kg suger, yeast neutrient 5g per 5 ltrs . Kitchen wizz feijoas skins pulp the lot and put in large 20l beer making tub add nuetrient and yeast and juice of 1 lemon 1 cup of strong cold tea (not tea bag). Keep at 20degrees untill air lock or wine stopped bubbling syphone off and keep in cool place for 1 week then bottle how many you want in beer bottles with on eteaspoon of suger cap and leave in a warmplace for at least 2 weeks. This makes sparkling wine. Remainder bottle in wine bottles and leave in a cool place. I do this every year. Sparkling wine comes out like fejoa champagne very tasty and smelling strongly of feijoas. Still wine ends up like a very dry chardionnay. If you prefer a sweeter wine as the must is fermenting and only a few bubbles are passing, add a campden tablet then bottle. Longer you leave it the better it gets, that's if you can lol

snowflake11, May 24, 5:32am
Bumping as per request for recipes

jenna68, May 26, 6:47pm
up it goes x

nauru, May 27, 10:59am
Just posted an Orange Feijoa Cake recipe in other thread. This is a lovely moist cake, no need to ice this one either.

kennymac, May 27, 6:32pm
Feijoa Mousse. Copied from here awhile ago FEIJOA MOUSSE - 500g feijoas peeled, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 cup sugar, gelatine, 4 eggs, Almond oil, Soak the gelatine in cold water and then dissolve it in a small amount of hot water. Blend the feijoas with the lime juice. Strain, mix with the gelatine and cool for 10 minutes. Now blend again or whisk by hand. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and then add the sugar and the yolks. Place this in a pan, which has been lightly coated with sweet almond oil, and fold the feijoas into the mixture. Cool until it sets.

bo0tsey, May 27, 7:00pm
The neighbours have a tree It drops them everywhere on our side. . I hate them they taste like MEDICINE! ! !

245sam, Jun 4, 11:09pm
bumped for andrewgray :-))

jenna68, Jun 16, 8:14am
z. . z

245sam, Jun 17, 11:30am
bumped for jeanette12 :-))

fruitluva2, Jun 27, 9:47pm
*** ```````

jenna68, Jul 6, 3:20am
b... b

snowflake11, Jul 8, 10:01am
Bumping `

jenna68, Jul 10, 3:40am
c... c

jenna68, Jul 14, 7:44am
d... d

nfh1, Jul 26, 9:24pm
agreeing with above poster!

valentino, Aug 16, 11:34pm
=^. ^= .

valentino, Aug 23, 9:13pm
Another in that group... .

uli, Sep 13, 4:17am
I had the first flower today but its still a looong wait ...

valentino, Sep 27, 1:03am
z... .

rose52, Oct 2, 5:51am
Jealous! I am so jealous of you all! I love fijoas, even the smell makes my mouth water. But down here they are SO expensive and i think they loose a bit of their flavour after being shipped aroound the country. Enjoy peoples! !

valentino, Oct 11, 3:31am
Just bumping this thread, unsure on time now allowed for threads to be kept.

Currently with some, now over 10 days and still being increased.

Being watchful all the same.

Cheers.

valentino, Dec 2, 3:43am
Gosh this will be coming up soon... .

nfh1, Dec 2, 4:29am
I have lots and lots of flowers on my tree.

sting9, Dec 2, 9:03am
bump this is such a great thread. Flowers on my 2 year old trees so this session i will be onto all these recipes. Will this thread disappear if so how will I find them all again?