Australian Masterchef 2012.

Page 30 / 32
bedazzledjewels, Sep 29, 2:23am
Just watched Masterchef Professionals - that young 22 year old Claire looks impressive. It'll be interesting when they all get to the final group. I hope she's there. That dessert today looked delicious.

dilligaf_dah, Sep 29, 3:40am
im loving the all stars so much fun they are having with it.

iriegirl, Sep 29, 6:18am
+1 for me too, pretty impressive for someone straight out of college.

duckmoon, Sep 29, 6:32am
So much more relaxed, they have nothing to loose

bedazzledjewels, Oct 1, 6:09am
That was interesting to see them matched up one-on-one with young chefs. I was annoyed that they didn't introduce all the chefs.

strebor1, Oct 3, 3:27am
Looking forward to it tonight. Interesting to look back on their previous pics, some 3 years ago and see how they have put on weight! You know the saying, "never trust a skinny chef"! I bet their families are enjoying the food they are now producing!

lodgelocum, Oct 3, 4:12am
Also so young looking ! the judges as well.

strebor1, Oct 3, 4:29am
Yes I noticed that. I guess same goes for us - Lol.

carlosjackal, Oct 3, 11:27am
Wow.Would just LOVE to make Kate's dessert!

bedazzledjewels, Oct 3, 8:23pm
She said that some of it (coffee cake!) was in her recipe book which the library will probably have.

carlosjackal, Oct 3, 10:50pm
But what is her surname!

ibcreative, Oct 3, 11:17pm
It's Bracks .

kiwiscrapper1, Oct 3, 11:40pm

jaygee1962, Oct 4, 2:44am
We dined at Aria in July.My husband had a chocolate desert, similar to that one but not quite the same and he said it was the best desert he had ever had (he's had a few!).The rest of the meal was just okay, service almost annoying (why do you have to have four or five different people come to your table!) and certainly nothing to get excited about.Absolutely not worth the AUD400 for the two of us. Luckily the rest of our dining experiences were fab; I think I came back 5kg heavier than I went over.

strebor1, Oct 4, 2:58am
Oh that is interesting to know, thanks for the heads up. I love to try good restaurants, but hate being ripped off!

strebor1, Oct 5, 5:24am
Is anybody able to produce the recipe for Julie's Neopolitan cake which won tonight please! I would love to make it tomorrow if poss. Thanks in anticipation.

strebor1, Oct 5, 8:16am
Thank you so very much for that I appreciate it, I will break my diet tomorrow! Cheers.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 5, 8:16pm
I didn't see the end of the cake baking last night. Did someone go home please!

unknowndisorder, Oct 5, 8:38pm
Nope, Julie won, Poh second and Kate third. Not an elimination challenge, just a fun challenge for $5k.

claudds, Oct 5, 11:43pm
these cooksthatareonproducesomelovelyfood.itseemslike
juliehasalltheskillstowinthisone.a bitdissapointedinpohi
thoughtshewouldhavebeenabrillantcook.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 7, 11:41pm
I think All Stars series finishes this week.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 11:05pm
Last night's chocolate dessert challenge looked very tricky. Here's a link to all those components but the one that interested me was the -
Salt and vinegar chocolate sticks
175g dark chocolate 68% cocoa solids
175g milk chocolate 45% cocoa solids
150ml raspberry vinegar, reduced to 20ml
20ml fresh raspberry vinegar
17ml pure cream
3g salt
2 tablespoons cocoa, to dust
19. Gently melt dark and milk chocolates in a bowl over a double boiler, chocolate must not be hotter than 40°C.
20. Combine reduced vinegar, fresh vinegar, cream and salt and stir through melted chocolate. It should resemble a thick split ganache. Spoon into piping bags.
21. Spray flat trays with oil and line with baking paper. Pipe mixture in long straight lines about 3mm thick and place in fridge to harden. Once set, cut individual sticks to 9cms each in length and roll in cocoa powder.

Link to the whole mighty recipe -
http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/zeus--8-tastes-of-chocolate-.htm

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 11:11pm
Hm - now I'm wondering what the difference is between raspberry vinegar and FRESH raspberry vinegar. Any thoughts!

davidt4, Oct 9, 11:37pm
Yes, I liked the sound of the salt and vinegar sticks too, and had a look at the recipe.No idea what George means by fresh raspberry vinegar though.I think I've got a bottle of Anathoth raspberry vinegar in the cupboard so I might give the sticks a go.

(edited to add)On reading the recipe again I think that "fresh raspberry vinegar" just means vinegar straight out of the bottle, not reduced.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 9, 11:53pm
Right - yes, that could be it. Let me know how it works out please DT4. Might be a nice addition to a Christmas dessert.