UK MASTERCHEF-WHO IS GOING TO WIN?

Page 1 / 2
konini2, Jan 14, 2:00am
This programme has been excellent-none of the protracted drivel (US, Australian<NZ versions)I think that the winner is revealed tomorrow (Saturday) Chef+ food+ technical/cooking skills=good presentation. Who would you like to see win and what are your thoughts on this programme?

t.gypsy, Jan 14, 2:04am
Alex...

nfh1, Jan 14, 2:05am
I have enjoyed it, definitely not as drawn out as the Australian one.

I cannot decide who I want to win, I liked the lady 'from the 60s', who has just gone out.

iriegirl, Jan 14, 2:07am
Tim, that lovely doctor!

lythande1, Jan 14, 2:08am
For sure. NZ, AUS should take notes. How do make a TV prog.
I think it should be a tie, all 3 did well with the Indian feast I thought.
Hell, if they can cook like that now, why bother, go get the top jobs now.....

bedazzledjewels, Jan 14, 2:25am
I was really impressed with them all last night.
I did like Nargis (sp?) though and wish she'd made it through. the standard of cooking seems far higher than here.

motorbo, Jan 14, 2:57am
i hope its i think his name is Drew, i liked Alex to start but i think Drew has grown more, the Doctor well he should be a bloody Doctor for heavens sake lol, i adore this programme its so much better than the other versions and last night was fantastic at the palace

ibcreative, Jan 14, 3:39am
His name is Dhruv.

The series finished in July in the UK so I know who won. I still love watching it though - it's a great series!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 14, 4:07am
Wow - how about being a spoiler! (even though I knew who won, there's no way I'd spoil it for others.)

charlieb2, Jan 14, 4:11am
No-ones said who won, have they?

bedazzledjewels, Jan 14, 4:24am
Okay - sorry - over-reaction here!
I'd like Alex to win - he looks a sweetie. Though that dessert last night was amazing!

motorbo, Jan 14, 4:27am
me thinks you did it yaself bedazzled!!!!

sorry to Dhruv, i only heard his name and its sounded liek drew to me, one thing i love about this show that i dont get to see with the others as much is the real talent, is it just me but they seem to get into it more - anyways i always like it at the beginning when they have to pick them i like to see if i can pick the winner too LOL

charlieb2, Jan 14, 4:29am
I just had to look up Dhruv..

Sanskrit origin, meaning: Constant

leebee35, Jan 14, 6:36am
Some people are such know it alls!! Get a life and dont spoil it for others.

ibcreative, Jan 14, 6:55am
I did not say who won. I wouldn't do that! Maybe go back and read my post again and then maybe apologise.

charlieb2, Jan 14, 6:59am
wow... poor ibcreative!!

Think they were correcting the spelling of the name of the contestant someone else was talking about... NOT announcing the winner.....

ibcreative, Jan 14, 7:01am
Thanks Charlie. Some people need lessons in comprehension.

motorbo, Jan 14, 7:13am
oh it doesnt matter who said what, what matters is the final is tommorrow and tonight was another great show!!!

konini2, Jan 14, 8:39am
Another fantastic show tonight. It is soo close, but if I had to make a prediction, I think it will be Alex by a whisker. All three will do well professionally who ever is the ultimate winner. Still cannot figure out why Tim (childrens Dr) wants to be a chef.All will be revealed tomorrow-watch this space!!

unknowndisorder, Jan 14, 8:45am
I keep changing my mind as to who wins. Seriously started thinking it was Tim, but the comments that Alex and Dhruv got tonight were more impressive than Tim's.
As a guess, it's going to be Tim, Alex or Dhruv in no particular order, but I reckon one of those three will win hahaha

Don't forget it runs about an extra 20 minutes, so if you're taping it, change the timing from the standard (frustrating when I've sat down to watch about 45mins of tv to find it was a short night and only 20mins guestimates).

ibcreative, Jan 14, 8:49am
Me either. He looks like a Doctor, not a chef, if you know what I mean.

elliehen, Jan 14, 10:06pm
That will be the next 'pop' baby name - there will be classrooms full of 'Dhruvs' in about six years.

lizab, Jan 14, 10:31pm
I thought it was funny when being asked what he did for a living by the Indians in India, he said 'doctor' and they all looked up at him from their food nodding and smiling and very impressed! lol

t.gypsy, Jan 14, 10:34pm
hey who here wreckons Alex has been mistaken for Chris martin more than a few times.. Seriously when i saw him come on i had to do a double take i was like wtf is Chris martin doing on master chef lol.. For those who dont know Chris martin is the lead singer from Cold play.

http://images.contactmusic.com/dn/chris+martin_855_18807655_0_0_7014209_300.jpg http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2010/2/0/masterchef-alex-rushmer-pic-roger-allen-dm-966723136.jpg

not excactly alike but still

ibcreative, Jan 15, 12:01am
t.gypsy - funny you should say that. My son said that last night too. Definitely a likeness there.