Australian Masterchef 2012.

Page 3 / 32
strebor1, Jun 22, 6:27am
Gosh I have usually heard the opposite. Most like the Aussie judges much better. The good thing about them is they don't sing their own praises as much as ours do. NZ Masterchef has really got into a "self promotion" kind of show I reckon.

themillers1, Jun 22, 7:12am
I reckon the judges need to be pretty talented or be really good chefs themselves or else what qualifies them to be the judges.! I don't mind the self promotion if they have the skills and talent to prove it

strebor1, Jun 22, 9:12am
What don't you like about the Australian judges!

rrrg, Jun 22, 9:29am
I love the OZ judges - cant stand the NZ ones

strebor1, Jun 22, 9:38am
I have to say that the challenge tonight, so early in the competition, was far more difficult than they were doing here to get into the top 3 or 4! I bet they all wished they had the salmon challenge though, a bit simpler wasn't it.I envy them being in Melbourne, gosh that is almost the food capital of the world.

elliehen, Jun 22, 10:20am
Even the street food is fabulous and all the ethnic takeaways.

nfh1, Jun 22, 10:23am
Me too - Melbourne is an amazing place.Each time we go we find a new area, a new restaurant (or 10) to try - if we lived there I would be very, very overweight and very poor!

wineo, Jun 22, 11:01am
can anyone help with a scallop recipie that was on early in the week it had a creamy (green) sauce I think and was servedwith those quesidilla things

bedazzledjewels, Jun 23, 12:05am
The weekends are Masterchef withdrawal time!

strebor1, Jun 23, 1:24am
Yes I agree, however there is the added bonus of Coro on Saturdays nights, then I have to change channels before Judy Bailey comes on! Won't have to tonight though, off out to dinner after Coro, yaY!

strebor1, Jun 23, 1:25am
Likewise, and not to mention buying all the clothes I don't need at the designer outlet stores!

elliehen, Jun 23, 1:25am
I still haven't managed to get to the TV each day until the last few minutes.With all this hype I will just have to reorganise next week's schedule.

Am wondering if there are as many cliches in the OZ version.anyone 'gutted' yet!

davidt4, Jun 23, 3:11am
No evisceration so far, but lots of screeching and capering about.

floralsun, Jun 23, 8:45am
For Masterchef fans - the UK - 'Masterchef - The Professionals' is on TV1 1.35pm Saturday's, plus the UK 'Celebrity Masterchef' is 2pm weekdays on TV1.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 23, 7:54pm
Thanks Floralsun - so no need for withdrawal symptoms then ;-)
And of course there's Top Chef as well!

nfh1, Jun 23, 10:04pm
I have been watching the UK Celebrity Masterchef which was excellent, a really hard fought contest and you would not have know they were 'celebrities' - no dramas, just cooking.

strebor1, Jun 24, 2:14am
Yes but we have to have dramas to spice up our life. Can't just have "go with the flow" sort of stuff all the time it would be too boring. Maybe I am just a drama queen.

davidt4, Jun 24, 2:42am
I thought it was quite dramatic when that chap dropped his custard tart!I'm a few episodes behind, but I like it much better than most other food realty shows because the contestants work really hard and there is very little about their personal lives.

themillers1, Jun 24, 8:38am
I was happy Lisa won. I did originally want Dick to win however since Lisa is the youngest she could probably benefit from winning more than the other two.

nfh1, Jun 24, 8:43am
It was, I really felt for him when he dropped that.I was struck by how much they wanted to win and there was no prize, other than the trophy.

nfh1, Jun 24, 8:45am
I wanted all of them to win, they all gave so much - it was an excellent programme.Lisa was so nervous, she just looked terrified but put up some amazing dishes.

motorbo, Jun 24, 12:24pm
not in aussie they repeat them all over the weekend.am right now watching tonights epsiode.using kupee mayonaise

think thats how its spelt

davidt4, Jun 24, 9:56pm
Kewpie Mayonnaise!A Japanese staple.

nfh1, Jun 24, 10:12pm
Sorry for talking about the final - Australia usually seems to get programmes before us and I assumed (wrongly) that it would have been shown there.

nfh1, Jun 25, 1:44am
I have just noticed that the celebrity masterchef is still on TV1 so perhaps this is a new series.