Favourite icecream?

Page 3 / 3
iman007, Jun 13, 12:19am
lime for mine, followed by apricot! num num

figjamto, Jun 13, 1:27am
Being on a bit of a diet and careful what I eat at the moment I am using Zilch Vanilla.has the heart tick so am thinking it has fewer calories, despite that I find it quite nice, even has the little vanilla specks

taurus2005, Jun 13, 2:11am
Rose flavoured which I have only had in India.

spaniels, Jun 13, 9:17am
Can anyone remember a coconut ice icecream that came out years ago. Mum use to buy it for us kids but have never seen it again. It came in a 2L tub.it was the nicest icecream I had ever tried.

willyow, Jun 13, 7:18pm
The best icecream when I was a kid( a loooong time ago now)was Egmont - we grew up in the Waikatoand had a holiday place at Lake Taupo - when we drove south there was one shop on the way that stocked Egmont and we always stopped like clockwork and had a cone - it was made in Taranaki somewhere but haven't heard of it since - assume it was gobbled upor put out ofbusiness by one of the food giants who turn out that bland bulk sugary rubbish.It;s sad that thefood giants are all about profit and not about flavour -putting just enough flavour in to convince people it is OK, but not enough to say 'fabulous'- that's why we make our own.As a vanilla bean importer I get really angry at the way consumers are treated like suckers by the corporate world. A certain major icecream brand now has a picture
of scoops of ice cream on the package with vanilla pods sticking out of them - read the ingredients and show me where they used vanilla pods! They didn't because it is artificially flavoured. That is just plaincrooked to me. There's awell knownvanilla ' extract' on the market which has a few vanilla seeds init - but the flavour appears to beartificial - similar to the vanillin extracted from woodpulp which tastesnothing like real vanilla pod flavouring -- I can go on and on and on(now that I've started .). it just makes me angry!

gypsy11, Jun 13, 10:25pm
Quite liked the Tip Top, gingerbread ice cream (limited edition). Was only on the shelf for a short time though I think.