Favourite icecream?

Page 2 / 3
kaddiew, Jun 8, 10:49pm
I bought the Deep South hokey pokey recently when on special for(I think) $3.99 or $4.99, and it was very creamy and crammed with decent sized bits of hokey pokey - ar rarity these days, at least in my price range.

lodgelocum, Jun 8, 11:28pm
Just Tip Top or whatever on special, but love Goody Goody Gum drops, Fruit salad and Apricot flavoured ice cream

cookessentials, Jun 8, 11:30pm
special treat from time to time, not an every wekk buy that's for sure. I also make my own ice-cream, which of course, is even superior to Kapiti.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 8, 11:36pm
Ellie - thanks for that info. I might try to find it at Christmas.
Kohu Rd make a reasonable espresso ice-cream but it's expensive.

davidt4, Jun 8, 11:55pm
The original question sought people's opinions of icecreams available in supermarkets.The cost was not a factor.

indy95, Jun 9, 1:19am
Great idea, elliehen but I'm certain I've gained a kilo or two just typing that list so I will pass.

kokopuff, Jun 9, 6:54am
My fav is vanilla at home, out and about is passionfruit ripple and if no passionfruit 2nd choice is boysenberry.

kuaka, Jun 9, 9:38am
Actually the original post doesn't say whether the cost is a factor or not - does that mean because cost isn't specifically mentioned that you are assuming it's not a factor!

takemeopshoppin, Jun 9, 10:13am
Much Moore Awesome chocolate cookies and fudge is perf for a chocolate lover! And the fudge pieces really make it.
Really cheap, under $5 for a tub too!
Win win!

rarogal, Jun 10, 7:17am
Kapiti's Gingernut Ice-cream for me - I've had to stop buying it - the kilos are going on again!

kismet41, Jun 10, 7:21am
Most flavours of Charlies - which is a great little icecream shop just out of Warkworth on the way to Matakana.I try and have a different one every time I allow myself the luxury of a visit.

coast_palms, Jun 10, 9:57am
Another vote for kohu road-
)
That link is deeply disturbing ellihen. I loathed that practice with a passion.

coast_palms, Jun 10, 9:58am
Whoops. I loathe, not loathed. Using the iPad tonight and it's goofy to type on.

nik12, Jun 10, 11:42am
Deep south hokey pokey!

miri_s, Jun 10, 4:20pm
As other's have said "maple walnut movenpick" is pretty good.

But Rum and Raisin takes top spot for me - no particular brand in mind (good old Tip Top will do).

willyow, Jun 10, 8:01pm
Invest in a small ice cream machine and make your own -we make custard-based ice cream with plenty of egg yolks in it all the time - mainly vanilla bean or chocolate ( using Dutch cocoa).
1/ We know it is pure without any funny stuff added,
2/ It's usually nicer, and 3/ It's one hell of alot cheaper.
You get Premium ice cream for under $2a litre - or one fifth the cost of the bought stuff mentioned` above/And as I keep telling people, substitute 10-15% of the sugar with glucose - age the mix/ custardin the fridge overnight- before freezing - the results are fabulous.

coast_palms, Jun 11, 12:40am
Hi there. What amount of ice cream do you end up with! What is the brand of ice cream maker you use! thanks.

willyow, Jun 11, 3:04am
We make a litreat a time using a Krupps we've had for afew years - cost about $35 when we got it. You freeze the bowl firstand attachthe mixer to the top when making the ice cream - very easy to do.

Because of the overrun ( air pumped into it during making)- you need about 750 mls to 800 mls of custard mix - which expands to close to a litre.

cookessentials, Jun 11, 3:53am
I also have a Krups machine and I find it just great. I also make mine the old fashioned way and the double chocolate one I make is lovely, as is the vanilla, with plenty of vanilla bean in it.

willyow, Jun 11, 5:20am
Some friends have a Sunbeam and say it does agood job
http://www.harveynorman.co.nz/sunbeam-snowy-frozen-dessert-maker.html

deb821, Jun 11, 9:09am
awesomes chocolate with the fudge is a 10/10 in our house, Bought rarely as it lasts about 5 mins.I personally love boysenberry ripple and mint choc chip,

coast_palms, Jun 12, 1:39am
Thanks willowy, will look into it.

catlover28, Jun 12, 1:44am
]

Agreed, I cant get Dole Whip here, or Baskin Ribbins cookie dough. Nice ice cream but expensive cos Id have to go back to America!

wildflower, Jun 12, 2:19am
We haven't bought ice cream in a couple of years or have an ice cream maker but my fav is homemade (cream & cond milk) with either oreos or smashed up crunchies which I made for the first time recently and it was heaven.

Some of the bought ones sound really lovely though.

antoniab, Jun 12, 5:40am
Awww thats really sad - I have eaten foie gras a few times too :(