Favourite icecream?

Page 1 / 3
spot20, Jun 7, 11:06pm
Had a Kapiti choc dipped boysenberry icecream and hubby had a choc ripple tub . cost $7.50 for both and we were really disappointed, overly sweet andcloying, left us both feeling slightly sick and ripped off!
Edited to say 'fav ice cream that is readily available at your supermarket'

cookessentials, Jun 7, 11:12pm
I like Kapati ice cream. i wouldnt choc dip it htough as it's rich enough. I like their vanilla bean for at home or if I am out and want an ice-cream in a cone, I like their ginger cookie which has pieces of ginger cookie and stem ginger in it.

seniorbones, Jun 7, 11:36pm
Ginger nut and lemon meringue pie is my favourite kapiti icecream, they have just closed at lindale and the sweet shop is now selling it but put the price up to $4.50 and such a tiny scoop it would be cheaper to buy a $12 pack from the supermarket than buy from them! otherwise cant beat tip-top, creamy and anything with fruit i.e boysenberry ripple! but then cookies and cream isnt bad either, i get that when the grandchildren are coming.

stefanie, Jun 8, 12:07am
My favourite is maple walnut by moewnpick. I used to like Kapiti icecrem, but we usually buy plain icecream and put on/in our own toppings.

indy95, Jun 8, 12:19am
Another vote for maple walnut, either Movenpick or Killinchy Gold. Failing that either boysenberry or coffee. There seems to be very little coffee ice cream made so it's a matter of buying plain and adding the flavour or making it from scratch.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 8, 12:35am
If I was forced to eat my favourite ice-cream it'd be Kohu Road's Dark Chocolate. Second choice would be their Golden Syrup ice-cream.

chatsmom, Jun 8, 1:01am
I loved Kapiti's Banana & walnut that you got at Lindale. DH likes the Brandy Snap ice cream but don't know what brand it is.

spot20, Jun 8, 2:49am
Yep we like Killenchy vanilla bean and their hokey pokey is pretty good as well.hmmm just remembered Rush Munroe passionfruit was rather yum

davidt4, Jun 8, 3:47am
Yes!Third place to Rush Munro Feijoa.

elliehen, Jun 8, 5:40am
My choices exactly.let's party ;)

antoniab, Jun 8, 6:51am
Mmmm love maple and walnut too (finished it off last night in fact) - love Kohu Road dark choc and Kohu road raspberries and cream but at $20 a pop dont buy it too often!

kuaka, Jun 8, 8:57am
Best ice cream I've ever had was in the New Forest in the UK, home made by some little cafe place, and the flavour was fresh raspberry and meringue.

skin_envy, Jun 8, 9:04am
jelly tip

gardie, Jun 8, 9:28am
Streets Vienetta

tats63, Jun 8, 9:33am
How do you all afford that Kapiti icecream.It's so expensive!

kuaka, Jun 8, 9:41am
I don't - I go without or make my own these days.

catlover28, Jun 8, 9:43am
Baskin robbins cookie dough.

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 8, 9:50am
I haven't bought it for a few years except in a cone now and then but your right it's become unaffordable even tip top is over $7!

kuaka, Jun 8, 10:25am
So is Signature range.I only buy ice cream now if it's on special at under $5 for a 2 litre tub, otherwise I make my own.

nfh1, Jun 8, 10:27am
I love Rush Munro's Ice Cream - have different flavours everytime and have to keep returning to find my favourite.

1830, Jun 8, 10:43am
I like the Kiwi Cappuccino Fudge,also Much More Vanilla Golden Ripple,has the Golden Syrup in it.

elliehen, Jun 8, 11:46am
http://www.pureicecream.co.nz/

Pure New Zealand Ice Cream at its best. made in Wanaka, New Zealand
Pure New Zealand Ice Cream is a truly hand made artisan product, made with passion and pride. We use the very best ingredients available. From chocolate ice cream using 70% Belgium chocolate to berry ice creams loaded with fruit; the flavours are intense and original.

No stabilizers, emulsifiers, gluten, gums or gelatine are used. Our product is guaranteed free of wheat, soy and peanuts. Our flavours, like today's food, are clean and fresh.

2011 New Zealand Ice Cream Awards
We picked up several accolades at the 2011 New Zealand Ice Cream Awards.

• Best In Catergory (Open Creative): Kaffir Lime & Ginger
• Gold Awards (3): Hokey Pokey, Chocolate, Kaffir Lime & Ginger
• Silver Awards (3): Vanilla Bean, Boysenberry, Raspberry

herself, Jun 8, 12:29pm
Hokey Pokey.

sarahj1, Jun 8, 8:50pm
Deep South - the best vanilla and hokey-pokey and available in Countdownsupermarkets in the N Island too now (has been in Sth Is for years)
Affordable luxury! (Kohu Rd is good, but c'mon - the price is ridiculous.)

sarahj1, Jun 8, 8:54pm
Also have to put in a plug for Much Moore - a bit more pricey than Deep South, but their Limonata Cheesecake icecream is fab -u-lous.

OT question for manufacturers: why is it so hard to get a decent coffee-flavoured icecream in NZ! Easy to make I would have thought - and such a good combo.