NIce crumble topping needed please

holdenfanz, Apr 11, 3:18am
Im wanting to make my family an apple crumbel for dessert but need a decent crnuchy cruble can anyone help. TIA

ros01cat, Apr 11, 3:24am
Ok, I normally use 1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup flour, 2 weetbix crushed, 3/4 cups sugar. Melt some butter and mix through, enough butter to make a crumbly mixture, not too dry or wet. Pour over stewed apples that have cinnamon sprinkled over the top.

indy95, Apr 11, 3:37am
Holdenfanz, if you type crumble topping in as the keyword in the search box on the left of your screen then scroll to anytime and hit search you will find several really good suggestions for crumble toppings.

luckyduck, Apr 11, 4:02am
Here is the nicest crumble, I make it with rhubarb but it would be as good with apple.

Caramel Crusted Rhubarb Pudding

¾ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup rolled oats
¼ cup white sugar
100g melted butter
Stewed rhubarb (and or apple)
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon custard powder or cornflour
¼ cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 180c.
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
Add rolled oats and white sugar.
Mix in melted butter to make a crumble mixture.
Sprinkle over rhubarb.
In the discarded bowl, combine brown sugar and custard powder.
Spoon over crumble mix.
Carefully pour over the boiling water.
Do not stir.
Oven bake for 30 minutes.
By pamellie

pvilz, Apr 11, 4:15am
I use . . and is real yuumo: finely crushed weetbix, cornflakes and some brown sugar; put some drops of boiled water in bowl and mix (even water so it ends up with some little chunks)... is soo yummy over stewed fruit, then have cream poured over mmmmm! ! ! !

moggyman, Jan 23, 10:08am
Grandkids loved this:
Melt 50g butter in a pot
Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, approx 1 cup rice bubbles. Mix altogether and spread over stewed fruit. Pop in over 180deg until bubbly and browned.