Curried Sausages

kevind7, May 19, 1:13am
Has anyone got a good recipe for curry sausages

bambi58, May 19, 1:19am
Brown sausages, put in pot with chopped onion,celery, carrott, add a ntin off coconut milk, tsp tumeric, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp good curry powder, mix togethe, cook until veg are done. If too thin thicken slightly with cornflour. I chop the sausages up, and only use good beef ones. Serve with rice or what ever takes your fancy.
Enjoy!

kevind7, May 19, 2:26am
Thank you bambi58,Will try some tonite

bambi58, May 19, 4:10am
You're welcome!

angel404, May 19, 4:31am
Im totally trying the recipe tonight as well! Thanks!

gerry64, May 19, 5:25am
had lunch with some student friends of mine on a really tight budget - she used green curry paste with chicken sausages amazingly yum

matuq, May 19, 8:49am
Sounds good . but . sob! . don't like coconut.

angel404, May 19, 9:06am
Im not a huge fan of coconut in savory dishes but i did make this tonight and it was yum as. altho i left out the cumin and added garam masala instead :)

matuq, May 19, 9:15am
Hmmm.thinking I might "give it a go" then.

Thx

angel404, May 19, 9:17am
you can def taste the coconut flavour but i mellowed it out by adding chicken stock to it as well.

tullyann, Sep 27, 7:42am
Try this:::Boil sausages in water skin will fall off drain and Cut up
In a pot fri onions in butter then add 2 Tablespoons Curry,
Now the Secret3cups milk not water and half cup Flower
Boil 4eggs and peeladd saugaes and Whole eggs to mixstirr gently not to break eggs add salt to taste simmer for 20 min ohtastes better the next Day as well .
Add peas if you like ,,Yummy like Grandma use to make

spudy2, Sep 27, 7:47am
doesitreallymatterwhatflavoursausagesyouuse !

gurlkiwi, Sep 27, 7:49am
maggi have a nice mild curry sausauge mix for slow cookers or stovetop.add onions and diced tomatoes.says chick peas but I skip them

tullyann, Sep 27, 5:42pm
Just cheep ones as the specialitysausage always go a bit tough

dezzie, Sep 27, 6:30pm
I use the precooked ones from the supermarket for curried saus, takes a step out of the recipe, and gawd knows those precooked saus are no good for anything else apart from cooking "more" as part of a highly flavoured recipe.

petal1955, Sep 27, 7:44pm
KIWI STYLE CURRIED SAUSAGES

8 Sausages
1 onion chopped
1 apple grated
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup water
1 tsp instant chicken stock powder
2 tbsp apricot or plum jam
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
Brown the sausages gently in a large fry pan.Add the onion and cook until lightly browned.Add the apple and the curry powder.Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring to coat the sausages, onion and apple.

Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn flour) and stir well to combine.Cover and cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes.Mix the corn flour with a little water and make a thin paste.Stir into the sausage mixture and reheat till mixture thickens.
Serve with rice or mashed potato.

kirmag, Sep 27, 9:36pm
I make a white sauce after frying up some onions in the bottom of the pot - add curry powder to taste (I like lots) and them throw in quatered boiled eggs and the sausages.

Only way to have them.Never had those watery looking ones.

carlosjackal, Sep 28, 1:56am
My husband made curried sausages recently and all he did was add a pkt of Maggi Curried Sausages mix (mixed with the correct quantity of water) to sliced sausages, onion and sultanas in a casserole dish. Covered it and baked it in the oven for 1 hour! So incredibly easy and boy it was delicious! It would have to be the easiest way to cook curried sausages!

rainrain1, Sep 28, 5:35am
Mashed potato and curried bangers, wowie, I haven't had those for a long time. I am saving your fabulous recipes to my folder

reese, Sep 28, 6:00am
we used the maggi curry snagz mix i read about from a previous poster :) thankyou!

.it really was easy and delicious!