Make your own marmite

cappucino1, Mar 21, 8:40pm
Wow, what a process.I do like marmite but I think I might just wait for them to start manufacturing it again!

jayimu, Mar 21, 10:54pm
Interesting, but it will only make something similar to British Marmite, not our NZ Marmite. There's quite a difference between the two.

mothergoose_nz, Mar 21, 11:33pm
does the water from the vegs go in or the vegs themselves!

olwen, Mar 21, 11:42pm
I'd think the water

mothergoose_nz, Mar 21, 11:43pm
just read through the link and the veg water goes into the marmite.

praxis2, Mar 22, 2:50am
i found this recipe and posted it on facebook lol.

mwood, Mar 22, 2:58am
Couple of spoons of Greek 'n' Coconut Yogurt mixed with a teaspoon of Mushroom Soy Sauce is a good clone

letitia, Mar 22, 3:06am
That's far to involved and tedious.I'll make do with vegemite.

dezzie, Mar 22, 4:59am
lol I just thought that too, even tho I have about 7/8ths of the middle sized jar left that shouldlast until august, but on the off chance it doesn't, and I get desperate, I'll buy vegemite.

kabbo, Mar 22, 6:11am
yep - there is a huge difference between our marmite and the UK marmite. I bought some when I was over there, and it was yucky. Didnt taste the same, was paler in colour and was an icky gooey texture.

daleaway, Mar 23, 12:34am
As I read yesterday that the main difference between Marmite and Vegemite was that Marmite had 5 to 6 times the amount of sugar that Vegemite has in it, might I suggest that Marmite lovers should just buy Vegemite and stir a couple of teaspoons of icing sugar through it!

farmers, Mar 23, 1:40am
I agree.

uli, Mar 23, 7:59am

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 8:07am
tryedthenewproductTookasmallamountfrom the oldandnewto menodifferentso happyhere