Help.Just put tooo much mustard powder

hhb, Apr 3, 5:25am
into my sauce for corn beef - I don't mind it but the kids will hate it , hits you in the back of the throat.can't make new sauce as dont have enough milk left - any ideas please as to what I can put it in it to take out the excess mustard kick.thks :-)

otterhound, Apr 3, 5:33am
Mustard sauce for corned beef recipe without milk .2 tsp dry mustard powder, 1 Tbls sugar, 1 tsp cornflour, 1/2 cup water - blend all together in small saucepan .Add 1 beaten egg and stir well, then add 1/4 cup vinegar and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.Simmer for 1 - 2 minutes.It's really nice!

kinna54, Apr 3, 5:34am
a bit of brown sugar often cuts the heat. Is it avinegar mustard sauce you have made or a white roux type sauce. if a roux type a bit of plain yoghurt or sour cream carefully blended *whisked* in might help. you may have to watch for curdling so suggest you whisk it in just before serving.
If it's the vinegar based sauce add more vinegar and brown sugar.
Or just use the Edmonds recipe to start again.has no milk.

hhb, Apr 3, 11:39pm
Thanks folks - had delish dinner last night and ended up putting some more water from cooked meat and brown sugar in, thks for ansas, I esp like the sound of the milk free sauce above