Chicken Livers, manuka honey/wholegrain mustard/

darlingmole, Oct 13, 4:45am
and cream.
We occassionally go to an awesome little place in Albany Village which makes the most glorious dish of the above.Would anyone have a recipe or recommendation on how to cook it please? and would it have garlic in it do you think???

mallee, Oct 13, 4:51am
Why not Google it, it sounds delicious!!!

bagelboy5, Oct 13, 5:02am
WHATS THE RESTAURANT IN ALBANY VILLAGE I COULD PROBABLY WORK IT OUT FOR YOU ANY ALCOHOL IN IT THERE WOULDNT BE GARLIC IN IT

petal1955, Oct 13, 5:12am
Well I could probably work that out......toss cut chicken livers in some seasoned flour.heat oil in pan when hot quickly fry the livers for about a minute no longer otherwise they will be tough...add manuka honey and wholegrain mustard to pan then add either cream fraiche (this wont curdle when heated) or cream but take the pan off the element BEFORE adding the cream..de glaze the pan and serve over the livers.....

bagelboy5, Oct 13, 5:34am
SORRY PETAL I DONT AGREE YOU DONT NEED THE FLOUR NORMAL CREAM WONT CURDLE YOU CAN REDUCE IT DOWN ON HIGH WE SHOULD ORGANIZE A CHICKEN LIVER COOKING COMPETION

petal1955, Oct 13, 9:42am
"Dont Shout"take your capitals Off !!!!

aktow, Oct 13, 12:05pm
sounds horrible andsickly sweet.

aktow, Oct 13, 12:18pm
i have a quick methodwhen i just want a snack... tip livers out of containerin to a plastic container and season.. place in microwave and cook for three minutes,, turns out soft and tender..

my cooking days.
chicken livers flamed in bourbon and baconwith a cream green pepper sauce,,

get a pan real hot and place in chicken livers.. when livers half cooked take out of pan and place on paper towel. add a few onions and sliced bacon to pan, add bourbon and flame,, add pepper corns and some grapes plus a littlecream. place livers back in pan,, reduce sauce and serve with a large crouton..

ferita, May 27, 5:46pm
In a restaurant they would add white wine or brandy to cut through the sweetness.Reduce the cream and definitely no flour added