Who can explain AGEE Jars

carchic, May 8, 6:47am
So many diff types some charge more for certain ones what is the difference between, Utility or special xtra! so many. thanks in advance =o) Its not size they all come in the same sizes, well seems to be.

sands39, May 8, 8:15am
The ones marked AGEE SPECIAL are the orignal ones. They are made of much thicker glass and are stronger and heavier. They fit the gold bands which are the same thread as American made wide mouth mason jars (brands such as Ball, Kerr & Golden Harvest). At some point in time Agee have changed to their own thread which are the green bands and made the jars thinner and called them improved utility and modern ones in the supermaket are now called Perfit utility.Coffee, peanut butter and other items sometimes came in unmarked jars the same as the agee jars and also fit the green bands. They all fit the perfit seals sold in the supermarket.

carchic, May 8, 8:27am
Can you still buy gold rings and seals! Or am i best to get the ones for the green bands!

sands39, May 8, 8:39am
Yes you can still buy the gold bands from some supermarkets I buy them online from Millys Kitchen.

pam.delilah, May 8, 7:38pm
yes you can. Some supermarkets sell them

jag5, May 9, 12:56am
there are quite a few jars for sale on here.horrendous prices.op shops have them for 20c or so.I did tell one seller this, but the relisted auction is still the same very high price.

ansypansy1, May 9, 4:09am
You don't need to use AGEE jars.If there are only two of you, an AGEE jar is too big. Any jam jar that has been opened without piercing the lid will reseal many times. Just fill with hot fruit and put the lid on immediately.
The pasta sauce jars are good for a bigger amount, and shouldn't taint the fruit if washed wekl.

We sold upwards of 200 jars of jam, pickle chutney, a week at one time, and they all resealed. The very old jars will have lids that have gone rusty from the vinegar, but the newer ones are perfect.

We personally do all our fruit into margarine containers and freeze. A perfect size for a couple or three days.