Sausages - how do you cook / like yours?

Page 1 / 2
gr8stuf4me, May 8, 6:35am
Hi All, just wondering how others enjoy their sausages, would like your old favourites and your tried and true interesting dishes.Thanks in Advance

rainrain1, May 8, 6:47am
skinny and moist

biggles45, May 8, 7:03am
Toad in the Hole - yummy! Or sausage casserole.

gardie, May 8, 7:51am
Toad in the Hole here too.Although its quite hard to beat a good slow cooked fried sausage.

1buzemum, May 8, 8:41am
cut down the middle with mash spud and grill with cheese on top.

fifie, May 8, 10:07am
Sausage tip i learn't from the telly works a treat. If frying pork,lamb,or any meat filled sausages where the texture is a bit heavierput in frying pan add about 1/2inch boiling water, bring up to boiling point and simmer until all the water is evaporated turning sausages occasionally. When water is evaporated bring heat up slightly and they will start to fry, turn down heat a little and fry as usual till outsides are nicely browned, this cooks the inside nicely without outside being crisped up to much getting the centre's cooked.

lindylambchops1, May 8, 10:14am
Great tip thank you!

lindylambchops1, May 8, 10:16am
I like my sausages.curried, deviled, grilled with onions between bread with lashing of tomato sauce or mustard, sausage and mash, toad in the hole.can't beat a good old sausage.

dilligaf_dah, May 8, 10:19am
burnt yummy nice hard crisp skins

kuaka, May 8, 10:21am
Fried lightly in oil, just enough to brown them, then put in a casserole dish with tinned tomatoes, garlic, soy sauce, onions, diced apple and a little cornflour to thicken.Cook for about an hour at 150 deg C.

shop-a-holic, May 8, 1:04pm
Shown on Rachael Ray on Monday.

cookessentials, May 8, 6:32pm
I very rarely eat sausages but I do like a pure meat one ( like Razorback or Luigi's) on the bbq probably. I had a beautiful one on the weekend while in Napier at Milk & HOney cafe in Ahuriri ( near the Crown Hotel) Paolos pork sausages made by the italian chef in the restaurant.absolutely magnificient, spicy and not greasy. Asked if he sells them, but alas, No!
I had it with bacon, pancakes and berries with a little maple syrup.

wheelz, May 8, 11:31pm
what I'd like to know is 'why , once you have browned 2 sides, they get a curve in them, then it becomes impossible to get a sear all round!!

mwood, May 8, 11:40pm
I look for the pork or venison on special at the supermarket - usually close to use by date - bring them to the boil in plenty of water, cool then free flow freeze them.

cookessentials, May 8, 11:58pm
I do mine in the oven in a baking dish, that way, they are well cooked and nicely browned all over!

twindizzy, May 9, 12:17am
Half cooked in oven in a baking dish then transferred to bbq to finish off

whistlingwings, May 9, 1:30am
The best sausages ever -Leonards pork sausages.Not all supermarkets sell them though.

margocooke, May 9, 1:30am
my family love Golden sausages
2 Tbsp vinaga
1 tbsp tomato sause
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 grated carrot
1 chopped onion
put all of the above and about 6-8 sausages in a casarole disn then enoughwater to just cover cook for about an hour and a half in moderate oven thicken sause with flour and there you have 1 yummy dinner.

darlingmole, May 9, 1:32am
I must admit there's nothing nicer than a bbq'd snag

iman007, May 9, 4:39am
deep fried for me.

whitehead., May 9, 5:53am
chop a fry pan full of onions prick sausages well lay on top dust with hot english mustard powder and lea and perins sause put a lid on pan and put pan on the lowest heat for 20minutes with out lifting the lid the scrape the bottom turn every thing over for 20 minutes and you will have the best sausages ever you can top with a sliced apple when turning . i remove any fat with paper towels and make a gravy with the onions

jessie981, May 9, 6:05am
curried, mashed potato & carrots

gr8stuf4me, May 9, 7:43am
Likin' the recipes and ideas everyone, keep 'em coming, I'll be trying these recipes soon. Thanks

creek, May 9, 7:48am
fry sausages till brown add onion tomatoes, apple, then make french onion soup add smimmer till cooked

samanya, May 9, 9:22am
Yeah, I'd agree.
Rarely have sausages as a meal, but only after gettinga few drinks in & there's nothing that can beat a barbecued sausage .burnt, raw .however , wrapped in some bread - delicious.