Sausages - how do you cook / like yours?

Page 2 / 2
m41, May 9, 9:46am
I only buy proper farm saussies pure meatand love them BQQ `dhave done research with alot suggesting sausages are a cancer causing carsegenic the more processing and curing the worse for you so we rarely eat them .

mothergoose_nz, May 10, 6:05am
we are disappointed that chicken meat is now used as a filler in sausages.i like the south african spiral sausage.

karenz, May 10, 6:44am
I panfry good quality sausages in olive oil, while I am doing that I make a red sauce (onion,garlic,tin of tomatoes and herbs of choice). Also peel and put potatoes on to boil for mashed potatoes.When sausages are cooked through I slice them into thick rounds and add them to the tomato sauce, serve over the mashed potatoes.You can also add cooked baby peas to the mashed potatoes.

jns, May 10, 9:01am
A favourite in our family is Devilled Sausages.I use the Maggi Devilled Sausages mix.I do use Pork Sausages for it as I think they go better with the Apple.So easy and very tasty.

books4nz, May 10, 10:30am
When they start to curve, turn them so the outer part of the curve is against the pan surface - they'll straighten out - you'll need tongs or something to be able to hold them in place as they straighten.

countryart, May 11, 4:30am
But the secret is you need GOOD QUALITY Sausages SO WHERE DO YOU BUY YOURS! The English Butcher in Lunn Avenue here in Auckland is the ONLY source of PURE MEAT sausages I have located for sale. The supermarket sausages, all makes, are in my opinion rubbish by comparison with real quality butchers sausages. TELL ME WHRE YOU BUY YOURS. Regards, Roger

beaker59, May 11, 5:29am
This is how my Mum taught me to cook them 45 years ago.

lythande1, May 11, 6:50pm
Either BBQed, or I make something with them or I stuff them.