Help. with Finding an old receipe or putting in Ke

jaybee6, May 7, 3:25am
When I use the finder over there<<< nothing ever comes up for me no matter what I do. What am I doing wrong please.Thanks in advance.

unknowndisorder, May 7, 3:26am
Make sure you change it to "last year" rather than 24 hours (which is default) :)

jaybee6, May 7, 3:31am
Yes have done that and still nothing grrrrrr.

family007, May 7, 3:40am
what recipe are you trying to look up!

roundtop, May 8, 3:34am
I have the same problem!

indy95, May 8, 3:41am
Roundtop, what are you looking for !

245sam, May 8, 4:08am
jaybee6 and roundtop.
Using the search option here on the Trademe MBs should be straightforward unless whatever you're looking for was not spelledcorrectly or as you would expect - IMO, ulike Google which seems to be able to interpret incorrectly spelled words or typos, a satisfactory TMMB searchrequires the keywords to be spelled exactly as they appear in the threads.
So to begin.
You need to decide which Message Board you wish to search and for a recipe, in most cases it would of course, be 'Recipes' although some of the other MB do also have recipes.
Next decide on and type in whatever you think will be the most successful / appropriate keyword(s).
The only other thing when using the search option is, as you have been advised above, the Date posted option - unless I'm sure of how long ago I saw a particular posting I find it easiest to alter the Date posted to Last year.
Lastly remember to click on 'Search'.

The result of your search should give you
(a) the threads that have in their title the keyword or keywords you chose, then (b) threads that have that keyword or those keywords within them.

Hope that helps, but to help further if either/both of you have anything specific that you're searching for, maybe you'd like to tell us what it/they is/are and we can have a look to see if what you're wanting is actually still on the MB.:-))

indy95, May 8, 4:13am
245sam, I feel very guilty now after seeing how much trouble you have taken to explain how it all works. That is exactly what I should have done.

winnie231, May 8, 4:24am
Shirley/245sam - you are such a jem!
I had looked at this thread a couple of times thinking "gosh - how can I explain things to help these folks" . and you've just gone & done it . and in easy to understand english :)
I hope it helps them - but either way thanks for your continuing calm & helpful presence on this message board!

245sam, May 8, 4:26am
No need to feel quilty indy95 - sometimes I see responses that others have made after I feel I've answered the way I think best and I think "of course, why didn't I see and answer that way!"However in those instances I just reconcile it by thinking what a very strange world it would be if we were all the same and all thought the same way.As always when I attempt to help, I hope that the advice I gave above makes sense and actually helps any frustrations that the two posters were having with doing the searching. :-))

elliehen, May 8, 4:28am
And just a postscript, the 'keyword' can be a member's username, so if there is one poster whose input you particularly trust (like 245sam!) you can enter her name as a keyword and all the threads she has posted in will appear.

245sam, May 8, 4:30am
Hi Rae/winnie231 - thanks for your very kind words.I too, initially wondered how I could possibly help but decided to try and put into words exactly the process I follow when searching.

Hope life is treating you well these days.All the best.Shirley.

245sam, May 9, 3:08am
jaybee6 and roundtop, how is your MB searching going now!Have you had time to follow the step by step info' as above at#7!:-))