Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Receipe

marianne21, Mar 7, 9:53pm
Can you please give me your self saucing receipe's please.

245sam, Mar 7, 10:02pm
microwave-cooked or conventional/oven-cooked, marianne21!
Here's our favourite - a microwave-cooked version.

CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING
1 cup (155g) self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
¾ cup (175g) sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix the four dry ingredients, then add the remaining ingredients and stir to form a batter.Spoon the mixture into a large microwaveproof ring mould or casserole dish.Top with the

Sauce:
½ cup (120g) brown sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut
1½ cups boiling water

Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and coconut, then sprinkle the mixture over the pudding batter.Over the back of a spoon and on to the pudding carefully pour the boiling water.
Cook, elevated one.g. an upturned sauce, onHIGH/100% power for 6-7 minutes, uncovered.:-))

marianne21, Mar 7, 10:05pm
Both Yummo

campmum, Mar 7, 10:49pm
I love this one.courtesy msg board

Crock Pot Chocolate Self-saucing Pudding
We've seen several different recipes for slow cooker versions of everyone's favourite self-saucing chocolate pudding, but this one - with its remarkably rich sauce considering how little fat is actually added - is a winner!
FOR 6 SERVINGS:
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chocolate chips
SAUCE
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups boiling water
Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and coat the inside of the bowl with non-stick spray.
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. In a small separate bowl whisk the milk, oil and vanilla together. Pour them into the dry ingredients, then fold everything together gently until just combined. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and stir just enough to incorporate them. Pour or spoon the pudding batter into the slow cooker.
Make the sauce by combining the sugar and cocoa powder with the boiling water. Stir or whisk to ensure there are no lumps, then carefully pour the sauce over the batter, getting as much as possible around the edges rather than all in the middle.
Cover and cook for 2-3 hours. When the middle feels about as firm as the edges it is ready. Leave to stand for 15-20 minutes before spooning out and serving with cream or ice cream.

lodgelocum, Mar 8, 4:53am
Campmum, am going to try that recipe thanks, never cooked a pudding in a crock pot before but sounds great.

pickles7, Mar 8, 9:14am
Pudding.Choc. less sugar.
Self saucing, Choc pudding
in a basin put 1 cup of flour,
1 tsp baking soda,
2 tsp cream of tartar,
2 Tblsp cocoa,
1/2 cup sultanas.
mix with 1/2 cup of milk, to make a stiff dough.
Note No sugar.
Pour over,
1 cup of boiling water
2 tsp golden syrup,
1/2 cup of sugar,
50 grams of butter.
Steam 30 minutes.
serve with custard, a dollop of cream or ice cream.
enjoy

macandrosie, Mar 14, 3:23am
x1
If you have children they may enjoy making their own "Chocolate Mug Cakes" themselves! This is a 1 person serving
Into a bowl place
4 tabs flour
4 tabs sugar
2 tabs cocoa
3 tabs milk
3 tabs oil
1/2 tsp BP
pinch vanilla ess
Beat everything together well. Pour into a oil sprayed coffee mug & microwave on high for 2 mins!

daleaway, Mar 14, 3:27am
HINT: When pouring the boiling water over, dissolve the other sauce ingredients in it first.

Much, much easier and less chance of lumps forming.

raymo32, May 7, 2:50am
hellowhat size crock pot do you use for this. just trying this yummy sounding recipe in mine and there doesnt seem to be a lot of mixture for the size of the crock pot. mine is a standard sunbeamthanks

campmum, May 7, 4:08am
I have a standard sunbeam as well & it makes ample.quite deceiving.SO GOOD! Check if cooked after 2hours.

connor2003, May 7, 4:15am
macandrosie how do you get a pinch of vanilla essence!

kellrae, Jun 3, 11:07pm
Tried this last night - very yummy and quite light which was a nice surprise.Quite a large quantity so cooked on a large lasgne dish and instead of sultanas added dried cranberries.Put in for 40 mins which was lucky as even that was a wee bit too long.Had cooked for 4 of us and we all went back for seconds!And there is still enough left for 3 of us tonights!

So thanks so much for sharing this recipe.

sarahb5, Jun 4, 3:34am
This is the one we like best of all the ones we've tried - Mr 17 considers himself a self saucing pudding expert and will often make one on a cold miserable winter weekend and also made this for his sister's 21st birthday "please bring a dessert" party - his younger brother brought hokey pokey ice cream luckily as the two go together very well!

http://nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/desserts/65-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding

kesley, Jun 22, 4:07am
I just recently spent a few weeks testing loads of different recipes - eventually came up with this one.

http://www.misscookie.co.nz/index.php!post=1362&name=chocolate%20self-saucing%20pudding.

I definitely recommend it. It's egg-free, super saucey (and the sauce is syrupy and perfect), and cooks in about 10 minutes in the microwave, though ofc it could also go in the oven.

Sorry about the awful picture of it - it's the hardest dessert in the world to photograph.

Also, it's worth noting that this one does a really bizarre and impressive thing - it separates into three layers. Cake (bottom), sauce (middle), cake (top). It has a sauce pocket. Enough said.

destiny6nz, Aug 7, 7:00am
damn.i run out of cocoa.grrrr

245sam, Aug 7, 7:53am
connor2003, "a pinch" actually = 1/8 tsp so I suggest that macandrosie could mean just a drop or two or vanilla essence.:-))

245sam, Aug 7, 7:58am
destiny6nz, have you no cocoa at all or just not enough for both the pudding base + the sauce!Think of alternative flavourings that you have on hand or alternatively try a different recipee.g.

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Fruity-Blueberry-Self-Saucing-Pudding or http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Black-Doris-Plum-Self-Saucing-Pud

I recommend both of those recipes as a delicious alternative to a chocolate ss pudding.

Hope that helps.:-))