Query using Kitchenaide to make bread

Page 3 / 3
cookessentials, May 9, 10:23pm
I have not insuated anything, rudely or otherwise. I have given you some advice. if you choose not to take it, then that is your perogative.Why are you reluctant to talk with the distributor! surely they would be the best port of call. Why not give it a go, it's an 0800 number so it wont cost you anything. I have no problem with my own KitchenAid machine making bread and it handles up to two standard loaves with ease. I would have a gear driven machine over a belt driven kenwood any day.

bill241, May 9, 10:43pm
I found post #33 pretty rude. I will ring Peter McInnes, hopefully they will help, I'm certainly not reluctant to do anything if it will stop me feeling regret about buying this appliance.

lyl_guy, May 10, 2:37am
With the cost of nearly $1000, you'd want to enjoy using it, and have NO regrets at all. hearing this sort of thing puts me off paying that much for one.

bill241, May 10, 5:37am
I talked to one of the chefs at school today, a very experienced guy. He was the one who knew I'd been making bread in it when mine broke. He said that KitchenAid is a very good brand of mixer but any domestic mixer will struggle with dough because there is too much resistance. Even the big commercial Hobarts at school struggle and have broken down. According to him the best thing for dough is a belt driven commercial one because the belt can be easily replaced and gears can't. You can strip the gears or burn the motor out trying to make it do too much. So yeah, I'd be aware of this when looking at any of them, not just KitchenAids. I just made a cake in mine and it worked great, but I can tell kneading dough is just putting too much pressure on it.

lenart, May 10, 5:56am
So true, I needed a mixer only for a bread making and I looked at all the options, Bosch, Kenwood, KitchenAid, watched lots of videos on YouTube, read feedbacks and blogs and realised that none would be good to knead the dough for a few loaves. In the end have chosen Haussler Alpha, sized for a domestic kitchen but build as a commercial one, with spiral hook and a chain. It costs much more than others and the decision wasn'teasy, but now I understand that I've made the right choice. I really enjoy its performance.

elliehen, May 10, 6:00am
Think of all the wrists, elbows and shoulders over time which have done the work of kneading bread without breaking down ;)

bill241, May 10, 6:01am
Sounds awesome! I have the ability to knead with my hands which I realise many people don't for whatever reason, so I'm lucky.

bill241, May 10, 6:01am
Except the arthritic ones

steph, Dec 25, 4:27pm
Which kitchenaid would you recommend for making bread?

http://www.bestblenderforsmoothiesguide.com