chaz_alexis, Apr 11, 11:22pm
who has a nice way to cook one of these! i dont have a slow cooker anymore
TIA

wasgonna, Apr 11, 11:44pm
Slowly in an oven bag to keep moist.

chaz_alexis, Apr 12, 12:15am
cool thanx heaps,what temp!

whitehead., Apr 12, 12:42am
roll it in hot english mustard and put in a roasting dish on sliced potatoes roast as a steak at a very high heat 200degs for half an hour for every 500grams . use the pototoes to make the gravy by tiping any fat off adding some flour mashing the lot up and stir in boiling water . boil till thick as you like add salt and pepper or soy sauce yummy meat should be pink in the middle . also left overs make great sammys

donnabeth, Apr 12, 8:53pm
Brown it well all over and drop into a crockpot.(optional extra-roll in seasoned flour first) Lightly brown some onions and garlic as well and add to crock. Deglaze the frypan with a small amount of water and reduce that before tipping over the meat.

Cover and cook for about 4 hours(some crockpots are very high so adjust for your own pot). The meat will create quite a lots of its own gravy and be deliciously moist and tender. Same method can be used if you dice the meat to make a casserole-but reduce cooking time.

rainrain1, Apr 12, 10:00pm
I am never quite sure what a bolar roast is.is it what we always call the stuffed steak cut of meat!I should know, but I don't

beaker59, Apr 12, 11:58pm
Its off the sholder of a beast, otherwise known as blade sometimes cut into cross cut blade steak.

sylvia, Apr 13, 10:36am
Put some flour and add 1/2 pkt onion soup mix into a bag and toss the bolar roast in this, then brown all over and put into an oven bag and cook VERY slowly - I cook mine for about 4 hours at 120, so really low oven. Beautiful and moist and the onion soup makes a nice juice for using to make gravy at the end.

rainrain1, Apr 13, 8:00pm
must be very lean cut.awfully like the bit we cut a slit into the side and stuff first.hence 'stuffed steak'
does it have a bit of fat along one side!

chaz_alexis, Apr 14, 6:53am
well it was very nice and moist thanx heaps for all the tips

beaker59, Apr 14, 6:55am
Usually yes and for those interested its on special this week at PnS 7.95 dollars a Kg so I got 2 largeish roasts I will do one tomorrow for my granddaughters birthday lunch.