Nibbles for teenagers pre ball 'get together'

beebs, Apr 24, 3:05am
(with parents) - there are heaps of threads for nibbles and canapes. but im wanting some feedback on what teenagers have eaten at your place for this sort of situation, tried and true, i want to get away from the chips and dip if possible (but if thats what they eat - so be it!)

ange164, Apr 24, 3:21am
can't give experianced advice here. I shall offer the one thought that did spring to mind - nothing with sauces/dips that will fall off onto dresses.
But do ask in parenting too as there will be a lot of mums that have "been there done that."

duckmoon, Apr 24, 3:31am
avoiding chip and dip will also be great for their dresses (no drips)

duckmoon, Apr 24, 3:32am
go into recipes and search (using the panel on the left) "nibbles".

duckmoon, Apr 24, 3:32am
opps, you are in recipes. thought i was in parenting.

but you can still use the search function

lythande1, Apr 24, 3:51am
x1
They won't care, they'll be round the corner out of sight guzzling alcohol when you're not looking.

ange164, Apr 24, 4:43am
I remember for one ball, my date came around and we were eating those crumbed pork and apple schnitzels for dinner. So he chowed down a couple of those with us.

mwood, Apr 24, 4:44am
I used to make to make irresistiblesolid food to lower the effects of possible alcohol consumption, chocolate cake, battered fish, hot dogs, hot chips and gravy LOL

katalin2, Apr 24, 5:17am
Mother of one of my kid's friends came up with this one after preparing heaps of stuff the year before- only platters of chocolate biscuits- this was the most successful as easy to eat without a mess.

jaybee2003, Apr 24, 6:03pm
As well as other nibbles, what about setting up a Smoothie Station. Either have a couple of blenders there (beg, borrow, steal), chopped fresh fruits, frozen yoghurt or ice cream, milk, ice, glasses, straws etc, and let people make their own. Or have smoothies made up (and made up during the evening) ready in large jugs, set out with say martini glasses or something equally 'grown up'. Filling, good food value, and healthy enough for the most figure/food anxious teen on the Big Night.

jaybee2003, Apr 24, 6:08pm
Other nibbles:small wraps (but watch any juicy foods and sauces), sushi, chicken wings, squares of chocolate brownies, deep fried mini spring rolls and samosas, hot spicy wedges.

sarahb5, Apr 25, 9:42pm
Brilliant!And alcohol free cocktails - I don't remember what food was on offer at my daughter's preball but the cocktails were delish!

Before last year's ball Mr 17 chowed down pizza, sausage rolls, chips, dip, etc - don't forget boys eat too!