Beef Pot/Rolled Roast?

missmuppett, Apr 2, 2:58am
I don't know what to do with it.I got it on special at NW.It looks nice and meaty, butHOW do I cook it!It's a beef pot/rolled roast.can I do it in the Slow cooker!

purr-fect, Apr 2, 3:00am
slowly in the crock pot overnight .and I always brown my roasts on the outside before putting them in the pot as it seals the juices in

teddy147, Apr 2, 3:29am
make up a small mixture of tb flour 2tb dry mustard a pinch of salt and pepper, roll roast in that, brown of in a pan.
put into slow cooker add thyme and a little red wine, when roast is cooked thicken the remaining juices with flour.

beaker59, Apr 2, 3:32am
Excellent in a slow cooker as described or your own choice of herbs and seasoning personally I always throw in a handful of bayleaves but then I have a tree off the kitchen deck.

pickles7, Apr 2, 3:35am
Slow cooker,
Beef Pot Roast , rolled , boneless cuts.

Turn the slow cooker on high, add 2 Tbsp oil.
Heat a fry pan with a little oil
Fry
1 cut up onion
1 chopped carrot,
any other little bits and bobs you have,
stalks of broccoli, cauli, celery etc. maybe 1 cup all up
Put that into the bottom of the slow cooker
Sear the meat all over
Put the meat on top of the veg's
Add 1 cup of water to the frying pan to clean off all the drippings, add to the slow cooker
Sprinkle over
1 packet of soup mix, I use any that need to be used up.
[ a soup mix, this helps with making the gravy ]
Add salt and pepper, remember it is easier to add more, than to take salt out of a dish.
Turn the cooker onto Auto, close the lid and don't open it again until you can smell a delicious smell. lol.
I cannot tell you how long, to cook it, It would depend on the size of the meat, the cut of your meat, your slow cooker, so many variables.
Write down your times etc for future reference.
Cook from 4 to 6 hours. Even more if required
I remove mine when the internal temp is 160deg F, 71deg C.
It will be medium, juicy, tender.

missmuppett, Apr 2, 3:38am
Does it not go brown itself in the SC!Do I have to brown it off!

lythande1, Apr 2, 4:28am
2 lb (1 kg) rolledbeef
4 small whole onions
4 smallish carrots
4 sticks celery
½ large swede, peeled and cut into chunks
4 oz (110 g)mushrooms
½ pint (275 ml) hot stock
a sprig of thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
salt and freshly milled black pepper

Brown meat all over, then transfer it to a plate. Next lightly brown the onions, carrots, celery and swede, then remove them temporarily to the plate, too.
Nextreplace the meat and arrange the vegetables and mushrooms around the meat. Add the hot stock, bay leaf and thyme and a little salt and pepper. Cover with a tightly fitting lid and as soon as you hear simmering, place in the centre of the oven and leave for about 3 hours.
When ready, place the meat and vegetables on a warmed serving dish, then bring the liquid to the boil and boil briskly until reduced slightly. Mix the butter and flour to a paste, then add this to the liquid and whisk until the sauce thickens. Serve with the meat and some sharp English mustard.

kozzies, Apr 3, 10:51am
heres my very simple recipe that I have used for many years - 1 maggi satchet soup mix, couple of bay leaves, 1-1and1/2 cups of beef stock.Mix the maggi soup mix in the beef stock put it all in the crock pot (including bayleafs) with the beef/pot roast and slow cook away - I then thicken the liquid at the end with cornflour for the gravy but if its too fatty I leave it :)

tui_marley, Apr 22, 10:13pm
I have a frozen rolled roast I would like to cook for dinner tonight, it is frozen so how should I cook it! I can't really brown it off if it is frozen right!

tui_marley, Apr 22, 10:13pm
I have a rolled roast I would like to cook for dinner tonight, it is frozen so how should I cook it! I can't really brown it off if it is frozen right!