What potatoes to have with steak

glynsmum, Apr 20, 11:05pm
normally have jacket but have'nt any big enough not chipsn what would suit please!

dan70, Apr 20, 11:12pm
spud salad

thornton1961, Apr 21, 12:13am
small roasted spuds with sprinkled chopped fresh herbs.or red spuds chopped and boiled with the skin on,with loads of butter & chives

with steak I like potatoes that are meaty and tasty like the. mashed are to wimpy with a good steak.

aitchdub, Apr 21, 12:53am
Mashed agrias mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

kiwitrish, Apr 21, 12:58am
Greek potatoes.

margyr, Apr 21, 1:03am
slice and layer with onion and cheese garlic too if you like, then pour some milk over fill about 1/3rd of casserole dish and then bake. have with steak, and salad.

dezzie, Apr 21, 1:35am
Garlic and rosemary taters are lovely, cube your spuds into biggish (1 inch) cubes, dry with a teatowel, in a bowl mix 3 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, about 4 inch stalk of rosemary, remove the leaves and chop finely, salt and pepper.
Mix the spuds well in the mixture, place in a single layer on a baking pan (with sides, not a baking tray) and bake for around 30 minutes, turning a few times to get them crispy.

sumstyle, Apr 21, 1:42am
Balsamic potatoes are nice, particularly when you have spuds that are smaller.

Half peel the spuds ie leave some skin on (I just peel once round the diameter).Melt 60 g butter and combine with 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar.Combine potatoes, butter and vinegar in a baking dish, mix well.Bake in a moderate oven, covered, for an hour, then take cover off and bake another 30 minutes.Baste the potatoes a few times while they are cooking.

This was an Australian Women's Weekly recipe, and said to use 1kg of potatoes.Jamie Oliver does them too, using olive oil rather than butter, black pepper, sea salt and fresh rosemary, plus balsamic - haven't tried his version.

daleaway, Apr 21, 1:46am
I second Greek potatoes.

Or what we sometimes do - cook potatoes whole (peeled) in microwave, then slice and saute them in butter till crisped. They seem to abosorb less fat this way than they would if cooked in butter from cold.

jimmy2102, Apr 21, 2:17am
Make wedges:-)

twindizzy, Apr 21, 3:49am
Hassleback

glynsmum, Apr 21, 4:03am
Yum all but did margyr lovely jubbly

karenz, Apr 21, 4:09am
Potatoes mashed with sour cream and with hot crispy bacon crumbled and sprinkled through just before serving.

margyr, Apr 21, 5:27am
nice pleased you enjoyed, i do a vege casserole the same way layers of vege anything and everything including brussel sprouts/spinach or silverbeet and cook the same, delicious and nice the next day too.

sumstyle, Apr 21, 5:30am
I had to look up 'Greek potatoes' and there seems to be some variation regarding the herbs.

daleaway and kiwitrish - how do you do them please!

daleaway, Apr 21, 5:48am
Chop as for wedge-style roast potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice (toss them in it), sprinkle with oregano and salt. Oven roast.

Can add : garlic, chopped preserved lemons. Bon appetit!

sumstyle, Apr 21, 6:17am
thanks daleaway - I was wavering as I am not a fan of rosemary, so the oregano works for me.

gurlkiwi, Apr 21, 6:34am
scalloped potatoes.sliced potatoes, cover with rings of onions, pepper and salt, bit of flour, cup of milk.,microwave 12 mins (place in deep dish).sprinkle with cheese and paprika and grill to brown.