I want to make Muesli

samsnan, Apr 7, 4:46am
But I dont want it full of chunky nuts and seeds. I guess I am really looking for something a bit heavier than Light and Tasty. Anyone got any ideas how I could make it. TIA

norse_westie, Apr 7, 5:07am
I make my own but I like lots of nuts and seeds so I'm guessing its not what you are after. I add a bit of honey and oil and "toast" it in the microwave to the flavor I prefer.

I'm also keen on Bircher muesli and will have to start making my own since the brand I used to get seems to have disappeared from P & S shelves.

Good luck with your search. I'm sure someone will have a good recipe for you.

pheebs1, Apr 7, 5:12am
i usually just buy the light and tasty and add to that
with some slivered almonds dried cranberries apricots linseed and a bit of bran
but really you add what you like
go and buy a box as a base go to your picknmix and see what takes your fancy buy a little of each and throw it in
experiment!

kay141, Apr 7, 5:14am
I just mix together rolled oats and dried fruit, usually apricots, sultanas and cranberries. Then I either eat as is with yoghurt or cook it like porridge, I don't add any honey as I think the fruit makes it sweet enough and don't toast it. I sometimes add bran flakes but never nuts or seeds.

seaturtle, Apr 7, 6:37pm
I enjoy the granola type muslie I use rolled oats, cinnamon, honey,and olive oil as the base . Add nuts or seeds if you fancy then bake in the oven till golden. when it is cool then add dried fruit if you like it. I love cranberries so this is what I add. If you add the dried fruit when the mix is hot they go hard and too chewy!

jimmy2102, Apr 7, 8:33pm
I make mine as seaturtle does above, but if you want it light, you could add some puffed quinoa.

lodgelocum, Apr 7, 10:35pm
This is a great recipe I used to make when running a B & B Lodge, has peanuts but suppose you could take them.

350gr rolled oats, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup peanuts, 1 cup sesame seeds, 2 tsp wheatgerm, 1 tsp brown sugar, 100ml canola oil, 100ml honey, 1 tsp vanilla essence.Mix altogther in roasting dish, fan bake 140o for 35-45 mins until golden brown, stir frequently.Stir in 1 cup sultanas and leave to cool.Store in airtight container.You could add anything else you liked, e.g. cranberries, raisins, dried fruit.It is really yummy, I would make a batch every week.

dreamers, Apr 8, 12:45am
I cut down on the oil and honey by using orange juice.I also add bran and wheatgerm to the rolled oats.