Making muesli what do you do to make it stick in

supercook, Oct 1, 3:10am
little clusters like the prebought muesli? Do you add something to make it stick together?

lizab, Oct 1, 3:21am
I've never made it, but maybe it's honey or brown sugar?? Someone on here will know and tell you shortly I'm sure:)

lynan, Oct 1, 3:23am
If you roast the ingredients along with honey they will stick together. Just dont have things likely to burn easily in there...like coconut.

cookessentials, Oct 1, 3:52am
I use orange juice and honey for mine and spread it into a roasting dish and bake in a very slow oven till dry and toasted.

elliehen, Oct 1, 7:20am
I think you'll find that the greater the sugar/honey content, the more clusters you'll have.Sort of defeats the purpose of making your own if you add lots of sweetener...

cookessentials, Oct 1, 8:13am
Mine does not clump together and I orefer it that way. You only need a little honey and orange juice to give you a lovely flavoured cereal.

obviousas, Oct 2, 9:07pm
"Food in a minute" has a muesli bar/energy bar recipe. But it is about two three months ago. But I had the same problem as they do not stick together. Maybe change the recommended temperature as lynan suggested

motorbo, Oct 2, 11:25pm
i used to make annabelle langbeins museli. its yummy and it uses apple juice, will see if i can find it for you

donnabeth, May 3, 5:51pm
Boil your sugar like you're making toffee then pour it over your muesli and clump it together.