BEEF CASSEROLE CROCK POT

islandbreeze, Mar 26, 9:21am
Need to cook a beef casserole tomorrow night will be very busy at work during day and have 12 people for dinner Tue night.HELP !

threecheers, Mar 26, 10:08pm
I put a sliced onion in bottom of crock-pot.Cut x's into pot roast and poke in garlic cloves. Place meat in crock-pot and season with salt, pepper, HEAPS of dried dill weed. Cook on low all day.

lyl_guy, Mar 26, 10:29pm
Joan Bishop's Chilli Con Carne. have made it a couple of times, REALLY tasty and easy.
1kg chuck/ blade steak, cubed
2 onions finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/3 c tomato paste
1/4 c red wine
2 tins red kidney beans

Combine meat, onions, and garlic in slow cooker and sprinkle with the flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin and salt.Toss together.
In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, tom paste, and wine, pour over meat/onions in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 9-11hrs, or high 4-5hrs.
45mins before end of cooking time, turn to high (if cooking on low) and add the rinsed and well-drained beans.
Cover and continue cooking for final 45mins till beans are heated through.

lyl_guy, Mar 26, 10:30pm
You may need to double that recipe for 12 people.

baalamb, Mar 27, 4:31am
Best (and easiest) beef casserole ever:
Stewing or casseroling steak, chopped – use amount to suit, I usually cook a kilo at a time with these quantities and freeze in smaller portions

1 tin crushed pineapple
1 onion, chopped
1 tin concentrated tomato soup

Brown onion in small amount of oil. Brown meat, throw into crockpot with other ingredients. With my crockpot, I usually leave it on high for an hour or so and then turn it to low before heading out. In most crockpots, leaving it for the day on low should be fine.

If you’re feeling really lazy, don’t bother to brown onion or meat, throw all in together and cook in same way!