Sticky date pudding recipe

ange93, Apr 5, 11:38pm
Hello
Just wondering if anyone has a nice sticky date pudding recipe please. Thanks Ange

margyr, Apr 5, 11:59pm
hi ange, just on the left there is a search box, type in sticky date pud, and in the date posted click on the arrow and then on anytime, then search, a few there. good luck, i have never made it but do like eating it.

buzzy110, Apr 6, 12:05am
Ingredients:
1 ½ Cups chopped Dates
1tspn Baking Soda
150mls Boiling Water
125g Butter
¾ Cup sugar
2 Eggs
1 cup S/R Flour

Method:
Mix the chopped Dates, Baking Soda and boiling Water together
Put aside
Cream the Butter and Sugar in blender
AddEggs, S/R Flour, and Dates mixture
Pour into greased baking dish and bake 190oC 30-35mins

Caramel Sauce
100gsMelted Butter
3 CupsBrown Sugar
300mlsCream
1 tspn Vanilla Essence

Stir and heat and simmer 4-5mins
Pour over sticky date pudding when it comes out of oven & return to oven to soak in

cookessentials, Apr 6, 2:35am
From the Ginger Gems thread
INDIVIDUAL DATE & GINGER MUFFINS/PUDS

60g butter, plus extra for the tin
200g dates, chopped into small pieces
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1¼ cups boiling water
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup golden syrup
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped

Preheat the oven to 175°C fanbake. Butter 12 small muffin tins with a little extra butter.

Put the butter, dates, baking soda and water in a large bowl, preferably with a pouring lip. Soak this mixture for a couple of minutes then mix in the sugar and golden syrup.

Whisk in the eggs and vanilla then fold in the sifted flour and baking powder. Mix in the ginger. Pour the mixture into the tins to about two-thirds full.

Bake until the cakes feel firm in the centre and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (15-25 minutes, depending on size).

Serve warmed (20 seconds in the microwave is sufficient) with whipped cream.

mazzy1, Apr 6, 4:01am
Has anybody used the Binn Inn Sticky Date Pudding mixes? You can either make a pudding or a Walnut and Date Loaf, and it is DELICIOUS! ! ! ! ! ! ! You just add chopped dates, walnuts, oil and 3 beaten eggs and it is gorgeous and moist. We didn't have any proper easter treats this year, so I made this yesterday, and we had a piece, warm from the oven with a smear of butter. Life is good! !

player_smurf, Jan 6, 2:50am
Alison Holst's one is easy and the best... I have made it numerous times and it always turns out perfect! I can post it if you like or you could google AH and probably find it as well.