Self saucing pudding, white sugar instead of brown

ceejay181, Mar 3, 5:53am
We really want to make Choc self saucing pudding but dont have any brown sugar, any chance we can use white or golden syrup! Anything else!

maximus44, Mar 3, 6:09am
I don't see why not. I often substitute white for brown or vice versa in recipes. The flavour might be slightly different but I don't think you would notice it very much especially in a chocolate pudding.

maximus44, Mar 3, 6:10am
My daughter has just put a ginger toffee self saucing pudding in the oven. This one has both in it and was adapted from a chocolate one when there was no cocoa.

ceejay181, Mar 3, 6:37am
Thanks guys, we just made the one in a cup, in the microwave, turned out good but with no sauce at all!

camper18, Mar 3, 8:22am
I only ever use white in mine as its not so sickly sweet

terraalba, Mar 3, 10:09am
I found an easy one serve self-saucing chocolate pudding in the microwave was to make the cake batter and put it in the bowl. Then take Jarrah drinking chocolate, mix with cold water, pour over cake batter and cook in microwave. Comes out lovely. Sometimes I add berries to the cake batter. the batther can be any kind of flavour like chocolate, plain or some compatable flavour.

terraalba, Mar 3, 10:09am
I found an easy one serve self-saucing chocolate pudding in the microwave was to make the cake batter and put it in the bowl. Then take Jarrah drinking chocolate, mix with cold water, pour over cake batter and cook in microwave. Comes out lovely. Sometimes I add berries to the cake batter. the batther can be any kind of flavour like chocolate, plain or some compatable flavour. No sugar added to the chocolate powder and water is required.