NZ Masterchef 2012

Page 21 / 24
grannypam, Jun 11, 12:04am
I thought this "contest" was finalised in October last year and that the contestants are sworn to secrecy. a hell of a long time for the winner to hold on.lol

bedazzledjewels, Jun 11, 12:05am
It's not a live recording though, is it!

elliehen, Jun 11, 9:16pm
"After religiously watching every single episode of Masterchef season three, I was hoping that I would walk away from the series with a collection of new cooking skills.

Instead, I'm left with the strong conviction that Masterchef is as much about cooking as The Sopranos was about waste management.

In other words, cooking is incidental to the real action. The punters don't want to see how to fillet a fish or fricassee a chicken or even how to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes, they want to see some hapless amateur cook wilt like spinach under Ray McVinnie's withering glare.

Product placement, slick marketing and clever editing aside, the thing that really gets me about Masterchef is that it does little to encourage ordinary people at home to cook.

Based on the Masterchef experience, cooking is hard, stressful and will possibly reduce you to tears (or at least leave you with a strong desire to stab Simon Gault). "

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/7079892/Who-will-be-Masterchef-2012

fifie, Jun 11, 9:50pm
Haven't watched it all, not impressed with what i have seen either, been cooking a while, and i haven't learnt any new cooking skills from this programme, from what i can see its all about the viewers ratings and Simon Gaultmaking it happen. Read somewhere the blonde is a personal friend of Simon's wife, if thats trueam so hoping she dosen't win, GO Ana, just hope it all holds together for you on the night.

mwood, Jun 11, 11:16pm
Well Ana would be a marketing disaster but Chelsea has a winsome cuteness so I guess she's the winner.

iriegirl, Jun 11, 11:47pm
Thanks for that Ellie, I needed a good laugh this morning, I found the last sentence particularly amusing!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 11, 11:55pm
I liked the second sentence.

nfh1, Jun 12, 12:19am
LOL - I like it all!

strebor1, Jun 12, 12:26am
So who is going to win then! I will probably be wrong, but I think Ana will.

nfh1, Jun 12, 12:28am
I think Chelsea will win, she has to really, otherwise why would she have been given so many chances to remain!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 12, 12:28am
Ana should but I won't be surprised if Chelsea does.Having a bob each way! Lol!

strebor1, Jun 12, 12:32am
Well another thing sure in life, apart from death and taxes, is that one of them will!

nfh1, Jun 12, 1:49am
Unless there is a wild card.

strebor1, Jun 12, 2:17am
LOL Yes, nothing would surprise me. I just thought with Woman's Day doing a big article on Chelsea this week, well would they do that and then another one when she wins! I could be quite wrong, perhaps they will tie and have to share the kitchen!

davidt4, Jun 12, 2:39am
Cameron perhaps!

bedazzledjewels, Jun 12, 3:54am
He certainly features with something large and gamey slung over his shoulder. I liked him.

charlieb2, Jun 12, 3:59am
Its quite interesting reading all their Facebook pages.I notice Ana changed her profile pic today which looks like a nice glossy photo from a magazine shoot.

winnie231, Jun 12, 7:58am
Ana's off to a good start.

luvmykicks, Jun 12, 8:11am
They have all already done magazine shoots., that could be from anywhere. My vote swings neither way though, I like each of them for different reasons!

beaker59, Jun 12, 8:18am
OH deer.

winnie231, Jun 12, 8:19am
Haha**like**

m41, Jun 12, 8:58am
what didn`t ana win a trife challenge this final seems to be picked to suit her as she also won the sinagapore challenge due to her cheating this has been the worse show ever for Master cheat ! all suited to one person so hardley a competion is it ! Hope they have new judges next season .
O yeahnow we have to tell her to read come on !
Go chels the sheats are out to get you !

indy95, Jun 12, 9:01am
Could not have put it any better !

gardie, Jun 12, 9:12am
I agree with an earlier poster.Ana should win but they obviously kept Chelsea for a reason - she had so many early failures that I cant believe how many chances she got.

henzar, Jun 12, 9:22am
cant believe judges helped ana with her walnut mistake, if they hadn't told her to read recipe she would have completely stuffed up!