Breadmaker recipes wanted please.

shians_mum, Feb 14, 7:07am
I have tried a couple of recipes from the manual but they are not coming out right. they are small and very heavy. Definitely not like the fresh bread i am hoping for. TIA :)

stoats, Feb 14, 9:43pm
I have made this recipe forover 20 years & made hundreds of loaves.
Of Course this is for an old Panasonic bread maker which is over 20 years old, hope it never breaks down. He He
3 good cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp whole milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp oil
approx 10 -12 ozs hot water
If the dough is too stiff add more water, this makes the loaf bigger & lighter
Good Luck

skippie1, Feb 15, 2:49am
stoats, how much yeast.!

shians_mum, Feb 15, 4:12am
Thanks everyone. I think it is the measures that are messing me up.
Have just tried a different recipe and so far so good

korbo, Feb 15, 9:16am
hi, havent time now, but if you type my name on left hand side, for say last month or year. i have typed my bread recipe many times. it does not fail and i have 2 breville breadmakers.

jafapat, Feb 15, 10:14pm
I do that one too. I add 30 shakes of mixed herbs to the mix. Never a crook loaf!

dibble35, Feb 15, 10:44pm
Will these work in any machine! Was going to start new thread as dug sunbeam cooltouch bake house out of cupboard. cant find manual and want a basic white bread recipe, thanks, hope above one works, hanging out for fresh bread

dibble35, Feb 15, 10:48pm
Ok got Korbos recipe written down, would this be a 750gm loaf! 1kg loaf! tomany buttons on this damn machine.

dibble35, Feb 16, 2:11am
Well made, it, only 5mins diff cooking time between 1kg and 750gm loaf so didnt think it would make much diff which i used, and it turned out well, sitting here now stuffing my face, yummy

whispalea, Feb 16, 3:29am
LOL, how much yeast stoats please!

kinna54, Feb 16, 4:17am
Do also try the french bread loaf I posted.Daughter in law makes that in her sunbeam all the time (as well as the others I have posted above) and a friend also makes that recipe in her Panasonic.
I make it constantly in my Breville. Sorry it is a bit scrawled on, I have a habit of writing Notes to self on my recipes.
I also use the basic foccacia recipe I posted in many ways, one of my favourites is to make it with just a light oil instead of olive oil, and top it with cheese and bacon instead of the herbs. It's delicious.

seano7, Feb 16, 4:49am
I am a baker and think people should not use breadmakers. you can only do so many things. got a kenwood mixer making bread is a art and f a breadmaker.

korbo, Feb 16, 5:30am
dibble.so please you tried my recipe.
NOW for variation, i sometimes add chopped up onion and some lemonpepper and handful of grated cheese when the beep beeps.
Also only done it once, put 1/2 packet of maggi tomato soup in with the flour. turned out yummy.
My fav is curry and onion.chopped onion and 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder when the beep beeps. you get a lovely yellow color loaf.
have also put grated beetroot/onion in and you get a speckly loaf.
I am a b.ger for trying anything.
good luck and to others too.
wouldnt couldnt live without my breadmaker.so much fun.

korbo, Feb 16, 5:30am
dibble.so pleased you tried my recipe.
NOW for variation, i sometimes add chopped up onion and some lemonpepper and handful of grated cheese when the beep beeps.
Also only done it once, put 1/2 packet of maggi tomato soup in with the flour. turned out yummy.
My fav is curry and onion.chopped onion and 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder when the beep beeps. you get a lovely yellow color loaf.
have also put grated beetroot/onion in and you get a speckly loaf.
I am a b.ger for trying anything.
good luck and to others too.
wouldnt couldnt live without my breadmaker.so much fun.

fifie, Feb 16, 8:19am
Hey don't knock B/makers, i agree B/making is a art but sometimes we do what is easiest,like me always made bread when kids were growing up, nowadays with bad hands iv'e not a hope in hell of kneading it so i use my B/maker and it does it all for me, Love it.

kinna54, Feb 16, 8:30am
same.and I was a cook for many years.that's how I got knackered hands!
and I never want to use another kenwood again.too heavy for me these days.

korbo, Feb 16, 9:00am
yep me too, athritic hands and wrists, thats why i have 2 breadmakers.
would dearly love to be able to knead, but alas not any more.

dibble35, Feb 16, 11:43pm
Well Korbo, think I better only make that bread few times a week, theres only 2 of us here that eat bread and usually he's not here for lunch. off working on his new/old boat most days. And as happened yesterday. I just kept eating and eating it. Only little piece left this morn which i gave to the dogs :-)

korbo, Feb 17, 11:06pm
hi dib.I sometimes use 2 cups white flour, and 1 cup wholemeal. makes a slighter smaller loaf, but good for me, as i have to eat lots of fibre.
Great eh, that YOU know what is in the bread, when you make your own.
there is only 2 of us too. I find it great toasted and more filling than the candy floss stuff at shops.lol
I have had the odd one not rise high, and in saying that had the odd one spill out over the top.
good luck.

juddy1, Sep 7, 3:14am
stoats wrote:
I have made this recipe forover 20 years & made hundreds of loaves.
Of Course this is for an old Panasonic bread maker which is over 20 years old, hope it never breaks down. He He
3 good cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp whole milk powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp oil
approx 10 -12 ozs hot water
If the dough is too stiff add more water, this makes the loaf bigger & lighter
Good Luck
how much yeast was that!

sarahb5, Sep 7, 6:20am
I use Surebake yeast and it says 1 tsp per cup of flour