Nice Crispy Potato Rosti Recipe needed

Page 2 / 2
fisher, Feb 7, 7:57am
Now I bet you all throw those new spuds peelings away in the compost bin. right!all the goodness is in the skins and so is the best flavour.
Scrub your spuds up before peeling.peel them into a bowl and drizzle a tbsp or two of oil over the top and mix to coat. now add some salt, a little chicken salt , a little ground black pepper and mix again.spread out on a baking tray and place in the oven to bake for 10 or so mins until golden brown and crisp.serve with sour cream or cream fraiche as a dip.now you know what to make when you have those hunger pangs and no snacks in the house.:}}You can add a "little" herbs to the mix to make different varieties of "spud snacks"

whitehead., Feb 7, 8:26am
you cant cook in a corner

uli, Feb 7, 8:47am
Might have a "corner" kitchen!

rainrain1, Feb 7, 7:20pm
I do it all the time.cooks corner

davidt4, Feb 7, 8:50pm
The Urner Rösti recipe with coffee sounds weird.Anyone eaten something like that!

battgirl, Jul 31, 12:26am
So best way is to parboil, grate, cool then cook! Planning a rosti-fest tonight!

rarogal, Jul 31, 3:06am
At risk of being slapped and sent to corner I just experimented one day as follows:
I grated potatoes, skin on, in food processor, and pressed thoroughly in paper towels removing as much moisture as possible, then pressed grated potato into pan of equal amounts of hot butter and oil (ducks from Fisher), and cooked on medium heat until golden and crisp, then turned over to do other side. It was scrumptious, and cut beautifully into wedges to serve. Other times I have not waited long enough for it to crisp up, so allow time!

cookessentials, Jul 31, 3:14am
http://www.roesti.ch/en/roestirezepte.htmlVarious types here. One with raw potato and one cooked also.