I have chicken out, but want to do something

teddy147, Feb 6, 1:04am
different instead of roast stuffed chicken, am thinking of bufferflying it but then what can i do with it !ideas please.

makespacenow, Feb 6, 1:09am
Smoke it.

teddy147, Feb 6, 1:16am
i dont have a smoker ;(

elliehen, Feb 6, 1:17am
Thought heading said you'd 'chickened out' ;)

male_timaru, Feb 6, 1:18am
Is it cooked or raw uncooked at moment!

male_timaru, Feb 6, 1:19am
How about grabbing some apple sauce and bacon - cutting breasts into thigh sized rolls/pieces and smearing the apple sauce over it and wrapping in blankets (bacon) and use a toothpick to hold it all together and cook like that for 30 minutes in oven then 2 minutes under high heat on grill

Pop some Kumara wedges and onions and peppers and tomatoes in oven and roast them whilst cooking chicken

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 1:20am
What about butterflying it and marinate with garlic, chilli sace and natural yoghurt!

teddy147, Feb 6, 1:20am
its nearly thawed out

chatsmom, Feb 6, 1:22am
What about -poaching the whole chicken and then using the cooked meat for a pie, stir-fry, salad, pour any ymummy sauce over aka mustard or satay.

teddy147, Feb 6, 1:26am
that what i though i might do but stuff it with a small amount of stuffing and butter uder the skin and cover with bacon, do you think that would work ! usally im good in the kicthen but lately i have had enough of cooking.

male_timaru, Feb 6, 1:28am
Other option is make up a batch of batter and make yourself some FRESH chicken nuggets - amazingly tender and tasty - no need for buying them - use the other parts for other meals - you only need 2 chicken breasts to make 20-30 nuggets and you can pop the bacon in with them as well for even more flavour -

Cut the 2 breasts into 10-15 medium sized thickness strips each and pop slice of bacon with it- dip and drop into deep fat fryer - or shallow fry

teddy147, Feb 6, 1:34am
thankyou for the ideas but i will do the above.

vintagekitty, Feb 6, 1:40am
oh that sounds lovely

teddy147, Feb 6, 3:05am
ok i have made a stuffing with fresh herbs,bread,butter,grated onion, lemon zest and juice and pepper .
stuffed my now butterfied chicken under the skin, covered with bacon and black pepper. placed chicken on wedges of lemon and will put in the oven soon.it looks yummy.

gardie, Feb 6, 5:34am
Sure sounds yummy teddy!