Dried Cube Tapioca

dalkemade, Jan 13, 7:20am
Could someone please give me a recipe for a dessert using this. It is the one that you can buy in Asian shops and is coloured red white and green.

very_hotpants, Jan 15, 5:41am
does it crumble up into powder!

dalkemade, Jan 16, 1:44am
Hi. No it doesnt. Its hard little cubes.

dalkemade, Jan 17, 3:47am
Bumping. Waiting for that special person who will know the answer.

tinabops, Jan 17, 8:35pm
This is what I do for normal tapioca/sago so should work for the cubes. Soak in cold water for about 4 hours, make sure it is well covered as it will swell. Drain well.Bring a pot of water to the boil, only when it is boiling - add drain tapioca, stir constantly to avoid sticking to pot bottom.When tapioca is nearly cooked add sugar to taste.Any will suit ie White, brown, dark cane or asian palm sugar. Each adds a different flavour. Niceserved hot or cold.

Now you can add fruit pulp, canned fruit chunks, milk, cream,coconut milk or coconut cream.

Sorry I don't have exact measurements as I normally just wing it and as long as the tapioca is cooked I add whatever I've got on hand.experiment to your liking.Maybe just try half the packet first as it does make a lot

dalkemade, Jan 18, 7:33am
Thank you so much tinabops, I will try your recipe andby the sound of it should work. Though it is different in appearance it is after all still tapioca so hopefully this will nail it.