Where can i buy dried hops and lavender flowers

2215, Feb 21, 10:55am
i want to make a sleep pillow for one of my grandaughters that takes about 2 hours everynight to fall asleep

2215, Feb 21, 10:58am
probably the wrong time to ask, im probably the only stupid person up googling hops and lavender flowers lol

cgvl, Feb 21, 11:07am
ask around your neighbourhood someone may have a lavender bush.
Hops used to be grown in the Nelson region not sure if anyone grows them anymore.

elliehen, Feb 21, 11:09am
Not at all....another late-nighter here :)If you lived in my locality, starting any day now you could follow a tractor and trailer on a country road and pick up hops as they dropped overboard.The hop harvest goes on all through March.

As for lavender flowers, they're in a lot of home gardens.I've got some drying in the hotwater cupboard right now.......none of which is much use to you ;)

You could make a little pillow and put some drops of lavender essential oil on it at night.

squeakygirl, Feb 24, 2:34am
Should be able to get hops at a brewing shop or maybe bin inn. Maybe some body would list lavender flowersor you couls ask at florists perhaps.

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:04am
Mmmnot too sure. We have a lady in Martinborough makes lavender/hop sleep pillows.

cookessentials, Feb 24, 3:10am

kirsten5, Feb 25, 5:01am
Simplifood in Blenheim have hop flowers. Do you have a simplifood or bininn in your area.

nauru, Feb 25, 10:01am
I made sleep pillows last year.You can buy the hops from nzhops but I found that they only sold them in amounts too large for my requirements . I was able to buy a smaller amountin pellet form from Binn Inn, the lavender I bought from Scullys in Bulls. Check out the internet to see if there is a lavender farm near you.

guesttony, Mar 28, 4:37am
Marlborough Lavender Limited sells Lavender & Hop Pillows already made $12.00 ea + P & P $4.50. Email marlboroughlavender@xtra.co.nz. Ph 03 5724410
They also supply lavender rubbing in bulk and culinary lavender.