Motueka carrot cake?

Page 4 / 14
245sam, Apr 13, 10:22am
re#28 r1231, would you please care to share the Pukeko Junction recipes that you have - I have to agree with you, they sure do have some very yummy offerings, as do Blue Duck at Motukarara who are/were owned by the same people. :-))

katalin2, Apr 13, 10:59am
I could do that- I did write to Cuisine to get a coffee walnut slice from a cafe at Tarras- it came through in a couple of months, well worth the wait.

hairchopper1, Apr 13, 12:25pm
well i couldnt find it BUT i will ring my friend tomorrow night & get it, she made it for our wedding so sorry i wish i hadnt posted in here untill i had it in my hand! ! ! ! ! sorrrrry! ! ! promise tomorrow i will! ! ! !

deus701, Apr 13, 12:36pm
hairchopper1 . . you have 24 hours to get the recipe or prepare to meet your untimely death

2halls, Apr 13, 8:07pm
dues701 ... I wouldn't mess with somebody called hairchopper ! ! Can't wait for the recipe ... :-)

maynard9, Apr 13, 8:40pm
Gosh - this is getting so exciting Hope the stores have lots of carrots in supply - I feel a rush of Carrot Cakes in the production line over the next week - I will be one of them. I have been looking for a X-factor recipe for years.

r123l, Apr 13, 10:51pm
Yes Samwill post their recipes later today. Looking after extra kids at the moment. But I am on to it and will do it

blackx, Apr 13, 10:52pm
THANK YOU Hairchopper Thank you for the trouble you are going to, to get this recipe for us; especially given you are moving house and it was also your daughter's birthday (your post # 21). I'm wanting to make this for my son's wedding (not until August, so happy to wait for your recipe).
You mentioned that you had it at your own wedding. Does this recipe keep for a few days, ie can it be made say 4 days in advance?
And also, is it strong enough to hold a tier above it? TIA

turtlet, Apr 13, 11:03pm
And when lost your dog Looking forward to trying the recipe. Love carrot cake - yum.

redrustie, Apr 13, 11:05pm
Ooooo! i'm going to keep checking for this one too! The yummiest carrot cake i tasted was in Puhoi cafe. I tried making it by adding grated orange zest to it and it was yummy but i need to go back to the cafe to check it! I find the oil ones too greasy and add steamed apple instead which is really moist!

svx1, Apr 13, 11:14pm
Cant wait either I have tried so many carrot cake recipes and still havent found that really special one so I am looking so forward to this recipe also! !

blackx, Apr 14, 4:03am
And thanks to Annie, for asking for this, in the first place. Good on you!

r123l, Apr 14, 6:48am
Pukeko Junction Caramel Oat Slice Ingredients:
200g softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
125 grams butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk'
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shredded coconut
80 grams melted butter

METHOD:
for the base cream butter and sugar add vanilla fold in flour and baking powder then pack into a sponge roll tin or a 20 cm round tin. lined with baking paper. fan bake 15-20 mins at 160 till a little browned.

r123l, Apr 14, 6:52am
cont... . Caramel put in a microwave proof bowl the golden syrup condensed milk and butter microwave for 3 mins then whisk. it will thicken takes a while.
Put caramel over the base then make the topping mix together oats brown sugar coconut and butter. sprinkle over caramel and bake again at 180 fan for 10-15 mins. refrigerate well before cutting. Orange sauce. Cut up oranges in bowl sweeten with honey and microwave for a couple of mins if I want this thickened I use arrowroot. Enjoy

r123l, Apr 14, 7:58am
Sam Have a chocolate cake recipe as well just have to find it.

m41, Apr 14, 8:10am
bumpping for carrot cake too, will keep the kids busy for a while !

morgana-rose, Apr 14, 10:55am
wow this Cake sounds lovley i cannot wait either, I find grapeseed oil is best as its not that oily taste ohhh and ducks eggs

valentino, Apr 14, 9:05pm
Keeping this up as great interest is being shown. . =^. ^=

valentino, Apr 15, 4:15am
deus701 noted a time frame but possibly still looking for that recipe... Most here have their fingers crossed...

annie.nz, Apr 15, 4:27am
If the poor girl is packing up to move AND has birthday parties AND kids, she may not be able to lay her hands on it... . but nice of her to try.

svx1, Apr 15, 6:39am
r123l is . . The orange juice part of the slice and if so how many oranges and what do you do with the sauce, thanks

deus701, Apr 15, 9:07am
WHERE IS HAIRCHOPPER! ! ! ! *goes and sharpen my vege knife*

oh wait, maybe i should jus leave it blunt.

r123l, Apr 15, 10:21am
SVX1 Just how ever many oranges depending on the amount of sauce I usually do two or three. Pukeko serve it over the caramel slice with either yogurt or cream really beautiful

svx1, Apr 15, 10:23am
Thankyou. . Appreciate that, thanks

nessy20, Apr 15, 9:36pm
still no carrot cake recipe