Protein pancakes. does anyone have a

Page 2 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Jan 6, 4:23am
Gizmo - google this recipe, which you might like - Oeufs Meulemeester & Variations.

And I've just remembered that I've got some ricotta in the frig so I might make some of DT4's recipe.

wildflower, Jan 6, 6:15am
Horleys Sculpt in available in several flavours and supermarkets sell it.Also has whole range of vits aimed at women.

uli, Jan 6, 8:16am
Sculpt is mainly soy - not recommended!

knowsley, Jan 6, 8:19am
By who!

wildflower, Jan 7, 2:18am
Second that.I've been using it for years.

gizmodaisy45, Jan 9, 3:57am
holy moly. have just gone in to price some vanilla whey proetin powder. cricky dick !. lol think of all the nice yummy crunchie bars i can get for that.

uli, Jan 9, 4:02am
It is actually very cheap online:

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/Product/R8WH/Whey-Protein

dolma, Jan 9, 8:00am
http://mydukandiet.com/recipes/oat-bran-pancake.html
from the dukan dietI have a friend that swears by this one

gizmodaisy45, Jan 9, 7:38pm
thanks uli and dolma. hello uli, are you there. I have a question. and dont want to start a new thread.

uli, Jan 9, 9:40pm
Yes I am here :)

gizmodaisy45, Jan 9, 11:01pm
i spoke to my gym instructer this morning and told him i was going to buy that whey vanilla flour stuff. well he told me to keep away from it, as it is processed,Im so confused. so is it or isnt it good for you. he just wants me on protein. and im finding that really hard, as my body is withdrawing from sugar. (i could do with a big feed of chocky now) instead just had raw veges and tuna for lunch. --- blerkk. LOL. so back to my original question after all my woffle, is whey bad for you! i guess i will have to research it.TIA

uli, Jan 10, 5:46am
gizmodaisy45 - the whey protein powder is great in my opinion to fill a gap. And no it is not "bad" for you. In fact beside egg whites it is the most "healthy quick fix I know of. Especially the Red8, as it has no artificial sweeteners, no soy or other cr@p in it.

So after a gym workout or a swim or whatever it is easy to just fill up your shaker (where you have previously put the whey powder in) with water, shake and drink. Much much easier than having to lug meatballs or boiled eggs around in the heat.

I am not sure why your gym instructor is worried about it - as long as you do not make this a "lifestyle choice", which some people seem to do - see "Optifast". This is not a meal replacement but a quick and easy snack!

When you come home you will still have a salad for lunch with some eggs, fish or meat and you will still have meat and veges for dinner.

Of course he/she is right in saying that it is "processed", but so is you tin of tuna or your smoked salmon.

gizmodaisy45, Jan 10, 7:40pm
ohhhh thanks so much uli. that has cleared things up. had to laugh when you said *Much easier than having to lug meatballs or boiled eggs around in the heat" cos thats exactly what i did yesterday. lol. lugged my boiled eggs to work. Any way now I brought this egg cooker thingy (its in the shape of an egg) and have that at work now, only take 30 - 60 secs in the microwave. Cricky, really have to be organised with all this food carry on, dont we.

uli, Jan 11, 4:25am
It becomes second nature very quickly. You just have to be organized as you will only get carby foods if you go to a cafe. Except sometimes a salad or a burger without bun.

edenrose, Jan 11, 11:20am
I always wonder, what do people do with the egg yolks!Toss them out!Thanks.

majurti, Jan 11, 7:22pm
The coconut pikelet recipe is also very nice with blueberries added.

gizmodaisy45, Jan 11, 7:39pm
thanks everyone. have a wonderful, happy, fun filled day.

uli, Jan 11, 9:18pm
I only eat whole eggs, I never throw out egg yolks.

If I make something with egg white only (like meringues) then I make either an omelette or scrambled eggs or even fried eggs and add the extra yolks.

davidt4, Jan 12, 1:18am
Never toss them out!You can make mayonnaise, custard,ice cream,lemon curd, egg yolk sponge cake, add them to scrambled eggs, pastry, biscuits.