Savoury fillings for pancakes? Ideas?

venna2, Feb 11, 3:58am
I've been invited to a Pancake Day tomorrow early evening and have been asked to take along savoury fillings for the pancakes. I've never been to anything like that before.

So what should I take, do you think! One complication is that I'll be on public transport and will be going into town beforehand as I have various things to do. So it would be a bit difficult to carry prepared dishes around. What can I get at the supermarket to take straight there!

harrislucinda, Feb 11, 4:02am
ihaveneverbeentoany thinglikethatbuthavehad
salmonwithcreamcheesein apancake

uli, Feb 11, 4:02am
So would you rather buy some pre-made stuff from the supermarket - or would you like a recipe to make at home and take to the pancake place!

venna2, Feb 11, 5:14am
Pre-made stuff is probably best, unless what I make is easily transportable around town and on the bus.

venna2, Feb 11, 5:15am
Thanks - I can easily buy salmon and cream cheese on the way there.

uli, Feb 11, 7:28am
I make several "savoury" pancake fillings:

The easiest is a simple "Bolognaise sauce" with tomatoes, minced meat, herbs, chilli, salt etc. Best if kept in a wide mouth thermos to keep it warm.

Another would be spinach or silverbeet and cheese with herbs and spices.

Smoked salmon and sour cream with dill would be another one which could be used cold.

There are heaps more depending on how sophisticated you want to get :)

venna2, Feb 11, 7:55pm
Those suggestions are good too, but I think I'll stick to what I can buy at the supermarket and take there - might add spinach if I can borrow a saucepan once there.

cookessentials, Feb 11, 8:41pm
Try some chicken in a creamy sauce. You can buy the ready cooked chicken at your supermarket. Ha, brings back memories of the "Pancake Parlour"