Whats for dinner tonight

Page 1 / 2
vintagekitty, Jan 4, 2:14am
it's that time again, and inspiration required!

bedazzledjewels, Jan 4, 2:24am
Pork chops and sauteed beans.

charli, Jan 4, 2:32am
Snapper and salad :)

madoof1, Jan 4, 2:36am
fish done in tin foil parsels with herbs,salad, new potatos,herb bread and washed down with a cold lemonade,,,,,yummmm dont forget the peas and beetroot.

fisher, Jan 4, 2:36am
Some nice fresh caught snapper.cucumber, sliced capsicums, tomatoes, radish, baby new potatoes with butter garlic mint and parsely,baby whole carrots, honeyed, and herbed butter fried courgettes all from the garden.can't get any fresher than that.

vintagekitty, Jan 4, 2:38am
mmm seems abit of a fish theme happening here. No fish and i'm porked out after xmas ham!

Anyone having chicken something!

ant_sonja, Jan 4, 2:46am
Scrambled eggs, salad and fish :-)

davidt4, Jan 4, 2:58am
Slow-roasted duck with rosemary and onions, roasted baby carrots, boiled snow peas with butter.

phoenix10111, Jan 4, 3:01am
Steak cooked on the BBQ with salad from my garden. Maybe fresh raspberries and ice cream for dessert or I've got lots of rhubarb growing so might do a crumble as I have some crumble topping in the freezer. Yum :)

lindylambchops1, Jan 4, 3:11am
I have some leftover beef so am making a meat & veg pie!For dessert am using ginger biscuits with crushed pineapple & cream as a dessert.

Just having a vodka & lemon on ice!Cheers!

jed, Jan 4, 3:18am
Crumbed terakihi with sauteed scallops, salad and potato.Not sure how to do potato yet, don't want to have just boiled.

alebix, Jan 4, 4:17am
Fettucinie carbonara

vintagekitty, Jan 4, 4:21am
I love carbonara, but after the xmas binge its healthy here. We are having chicken kebabs marinated in Tandori paste and natural yoghurt, couscous and a greek type salad with minted yoghurt. And I "may" do a apricot and apple crumble later

edited to add new potatoes for the males!

iriegirl, Jan 4, 4:30am
Butterflied chilli chicken on the barbie, macaroni pie and salad.

terachaos, Jan 4, 4:49am
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a macaroni pie!
TIA

dorothy_vdh, Jan 4, 5:24am
brown rice and veg fritatta with chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and apricots then wrapped in bacon.served with spicy apricot sauce

vmax2, Jan 4, 5:51am
I'm having stir fried veges with a little bit of chicken left over from yesterday's chicken done in crock pot.It's only a little bit of chicken now because the kids kept nicking chicken out of the fridge all day.So we're almost vegetarian tonight,.But it's cooked with some lovely chicken stock though.

badams1, Jan 4, 5:51am
oh dorothy-vdh,,,,your talking my language.yum.

melindra, Jan 5, 4:55am
Cheesy Mustard Chicken.
I came up with this one night when I got bored and was playing around!

Boned chicken breasts or thighs are needed!And so is a good sharp small knife!
Use the knife to slit the chicken, make a little pocket in it.I stick it in and wiggle it so the opening is small but the pocket itself is bigger!
Mix wholegrain mustard seed and grated cheese together, then stuff into the pockets.Seal with toothpicks.
You can just bake it like that, but if you want to be really decadent wrap it with streaky bacon, helps keep the meat moist.Maybe a little Tuscan Seasoning on the top to finish it off!
I bake it slowly, sometimes in a little beer if my partner and boarders haven't drank it all hehe!
Serve on a green salad, perhaps one with apricots and/or apples in it!Fresh, filling, healthy and delicious!

Trust me, every time I have made this (or variations of) I have had compliments and empty plates!

uli, Jan 5, 4:57am
Raw sweetcorn fritters with salsa (avocado/tomato/herbs), green bean salad, tomato salad and tzaitziki = a bit of "fusion cuisine" .

melindra, Jan 5, 4:57am
Perhaps sautee them too!Or a cheesy potato bake!

A popular dish in my house is, cube the potates, decent size cubes!Boil em till they're soft, then drain and put in a baking dish.Spray with olive oil and season with whatever herbs and spices you feel like using.I prefer Tuscan Seasoning, of Green Herb Stock Powder.Grill em an turn em till they're brown and crunchy.Yummy!

davidt4, Jan 5, 5:23am
Salad of green beans, tomato, red onion, leftover duck, lemon mayonnaise with jellied duck juices, duck skin fried crisp.

spot20, Jan 5, 5:26am
Fresh snapper and a whole bunch of fresh vege from friends garden.love this time of year!

rachy_21, Jan 5, 5:29am
We had bacon and mushroom fettucine yum

tjman, Jan 5, 5:34am
Whole split chicken, seasoned with tandoori spices, stir fried new potatoes and salad.Potatoes courtesy of message board, as they are leftovers!