What do you think is the best pastry!

tommydog, Jan 2, 9:24am
What brought brand do you think is the best pastry on the market ladies opinions please.

jessie981, Jan 2, 9:26am
Depends on what you want to bake!

cookessentials, Jan 2, 6:19pm
I used to like Ernest Adams, but I am pretty sure you cannot get it now! I certainly dont like Edmonds. It has been a long while since I bought pastry.

jen69, Jan 2, 6:59pm
I used edmonds prerolled butter puff pastrysheets for an almond roll recently. It was unfortunately the worst pastry I have ever used.It turned out hard and not buttery, light or puffy at all. Previously I have used cheaper brands of puff pastry including reduced fat prerolled pastry with much more success. I wont buy edmonds again.

drofla.aviaries, Jan 2, 8:09pm
I don't buy pastry very often but I did the other day and got the signature range one. It was lovely and fluffy.

seniorbones, Jan 2, 8:14pm
me too.I just bought the cheapest, (not sure of the brand - it wasnt edmonds)for my christmas mince pies and it was beautiful, bit thick though so did roll it out just a little.

bounce16, Jan 2, 8:21pm
I used to like the new way pastry.Unfortunately edmonds and signature range is all you can buy now.Signature range is by far the better of the two.

shop-a-holic, Jan 2, 8:38pm
I'm a fan of fresh pastry, not pre-frozen; like Goulds or Maxwells.

sarahb5, Jan 2, 10:43pm
I only buy frozen pastry if I am using puff pastry and then I get Signature Range - I find it best to roll it when it's soft though otherwise it does crack so I make my pie and then refrigerate to avoid shrinkage.

angel404, Jan 3, 2:59am
Ive been buying Homebrand sheets of pastry. No complaints here!

zsazsa777, Jan 3, 5:01am
Has anyone tried the Pam's brand!

nauru, Jan 3, 6:56am
Yes, I have ,no complaints as I found it was OK, I only buy the flaky or puff. I much prefer homemade short/sweet crust pastry so these days I make a double batches in my processor and freeze half.

darlingmole, Jan 3, 7:05am
hmmm~!I use the edmonds short pastry (for my quiche) and have only EVER had rave reviews . mind you my filling is rather decadent!

tommydog, Jan 3, 8:28am
Good for you darlingmole

dezzie, Jan 3, 8:44am
Another vote for maxwells here.

winnie231, Jan 3, 8:52am
Got Homebrand last time I needed pastry & was happy with the results.

sooseque, Jan 5, 12:05am
Used Edmonds butter puff pastry for my sausage rolls yesterday - terrible

falcon-hell, Jan 5, 2:44am
i use Pams,i find it very good.